Wrong song lyrics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My kids used to make me laugh all the time, simply by singing along with the radio. With incorrect lyrics.

For example,
Tara (about age 10) singing along with AC/DC: "She's got a fax machine she kept her motor clean...." for "She was a fast machine..." Tara thought the song was about a girl with a cell phone and a fax in her car...

And Brent (about age 8) singing along with the Stones: "I'll never leave your pizza burnin'........."

Oh, no. Let's pee in a corner will always play through my mind- we play REM all the time at the cottage. You made me laugh, that's for sure.

Another Tara-ism, who loved Tom Petty. Listening to "Running Down a Dream", she was belting out, "Running down the drain....."

Are you eatting all your peas?....
Are you gatherin up your keys?...
Have you had enough of wine?...

Reelin in the Years

SWMBO loves singing along to the radio and if she doesn't know the words she just makes them up.

The first one that comes to mind:

Aerials, In the sky. Watching birdies as they flutter by. -System of a Down

Haw I was going to post the Tony Danza lyric too....too funny.

I've always enjoyed making up my own lyrics for "Anticipation" (by Carly Simon)... instead of "Anticipation is making me wait," just swap it out with your own "-ation" word and definition instead:

Eeeeemaaaaancipaaatiooonnn....iiiiis freeing yourself....from lee-gal guardiaaans

Saaaaccchhhriiifiiicaaation.....iiis breaking up chains....of complex carbooooohyyydrates

etc :)

My SWMBO managed to hear "read war and peace by accident" in Foo Fighters Monkey Wrench

Lolz, she just makes them up if she can't make out the words, kinda become a joke between us now.

Oh, no. Let's pee in a corner will always play through my mind- we play REM all the time at the cottage. You made me laugh, that's for sure.

Another Tara-ism, who loved Tom Petty. Listening to "Running Down a Dream", she was belting out, "Running down the drain....."

I thought it was running down a drain until I was in my teens :p

My sister used to sing an Alan Jackson song "but who says you can't have it all" and she swore the lyrics were "apu says you can't have it all"

Back