What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently having a Long Trail Brewmaster Series Double IPA. 86IBUs and 8.6%ABV. I'm going to enjoy it then likely post a review on frobrew.com. Stay tuned...or don't, either way go have a good beer!

I'd never even heard of this beer until seeing at a corner liquor store in San Fran last fall. Not necessarily a true to style ESB (i think they called it Extra Special Brown?), but a really good beer. I went back for more.

yeah. they describe it as Extra Special Brown. This is actually one of the first Idaho beers ive tried i think. I enjoyed this more than the average above average beers,i think its stands out well above average.Just my opinion which doesnt really mean piss, although i can generally recocognize good beers which if a Hamms is someones favorate all time beer,more power to thou :p

image-3874979765.jpg

In my top 5!

Wingers' Kings Tale Pale Ale. Great beer! Wingers actually contracts with local breweries to brew their beers and this one here is brewed by Uinta.

image-1332841419.jpg

Firestone 805 as I make jerky from last seasons deer, which I marinated in my Ukrainsk mjød, og an old flat gotlandsdricka, soy sauce, vinegar and red peppers.

Positive contact, should've saved it, and sold to a Deltron fan...
The cilantro was nice with the yeast once it warmed up a bit.

image-2192695873.jpg

It's good. I think I was hoping for a bit more smoky taste. I picked a strange time to be on a porter kick.... It's 110 degrees (f) !!!

Last night I popped a bottle of trader joes mission st. 12th anniversary ale - an imperial brown. Thought it was pretty good, especially for under $4.

Drinking a Coop DNR – could be a tad drier but still an easy drinking Belgian inspired beer from Oklahoma!

image-2228841496.jpg

Northern Brewer AG Farmhouse Bier de Table kit. It's great, a nice easy drinker with a tart funk to it. Fermented at 75F.

image-4152992399.jpg

3Floyds Blackheart english ipa. Fresh and smooth and unsurprisingly another great one. Had no idea it was a double ipa. Being labled an english style ipa, i kinda thought it would be a lower abv ipa. Being an american beer and all thats not the case. Oh, and its aged on toasted oak which i am a sucker for an it has that certain complexity of oak(vanilla-somewhat woody) that is there.

Started out with a Dogfish Head 60 minute, just finished a Labatt's Rye Ale and am now working on a Labatt's Perfect Pils. Also, bought a sixer of Flying Dog In-heat Wheat for tomorrow....yeah.

Must be summer...

Had a few Keystone Lights working around the yard this afternoon
On to my house wit while I kegged and bottled a porter
Sam Adams Summer Ale and a few Hoegaardens at a friends house
Now drinking another house wit
A friend's homebrew wit up next.

Shiner Bock, only because I'm out of town, in a place that can only be described as the seventh circle of beer hell. At least I was able to find something besides BMC. I miss Tulsa already!

DFH 60 ---> DFH 90 ---> Left Coast Hop Juice...as if I needed a reminder of why beer is the ****.

Back