tech help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
I need some tech help. I've downloaded two new applications, Yahoo Messenger and Opera web browser, both cannot access the internet. Both are showing up as having Full Access in my McAfee Firewall software. I use the free McAfee stuff that comes with Comcast. I also tried to update Quicktime but it could not connect either. I tried running McAfee's Virtual Technician and got an Action Canceled error.

WTF?

EDIT: I've also tried to disable the firewall and I still have the same problem.

I have never run any winblows"firewall" software that doesn't f*ck something up. Not the answer you're looking for, but I'd uninstall.....If you use the machine with care you don't need a typical commercial firewall anyway. The security you get, when balanced with the ever-present hardware/software malfunctions, is simply not worth it.:mad:

Have you tried a reboot? :D

I downloaded Yahoo Messenger so I could see Dude's video. Man, that thing installed all kinds of crap. I just got done wiping it all back out.

Back