Building automation tech // Homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heady Mate

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm a building automation tech professionally and I would love to apply some of the spare hardware I have lying around to my hobby! Anyone have any suggestions at a homebrew level? Right now I have my temp control and monitoring running to my controller that I can access via a web page. I get cooler temperature, keg temp, compressor run times daily/weekly/monthly to try and keep it efficient. Can set setpoint and differential. Also have alarms configured when I am calling for the compressor to turn on but it doesn't prove operation, and different temperature alarms like high/low temp conditions.
Edit: please ignore the messy cable management. Ended up running proper channels and got it all cleaned up in a panel.
20220816_215928.jpg

Welcome fellow DDC tech! While it's fun to use our equipment and programming skills to automate something, you soon find out that (we) are the only one that can afford to do it that way.

Check out this thread for some ideas, or different way of doing things. There are many threads on automation for brewing, fermenting, and dispensing all over HBT so just look around.

Back