Pulling dry hops out of keg after Carbing!??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyBrews

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its ok too open a corny after it is carbed to remove the dry hop sack? I think it would be ok as long as i put right back on Co2, but just wondering if anyone has done this and if it worked out ok. Thanks Guys!! :mug:

I've pulled them out after a few weeks to avoid the supposed grassy aroma and taste that comes from long term dry hopping. I don't do it any longer though. I have found that when stored chilled a keg with hops in it won't develop off flavors, up to six months.

To answer your question, yes you can pull them out, just be sanitary

I've pulled them out after a few weeks to avoid the supposed grassy aroma and taste that comes from long term dry hopping. I don't do it any longer though. I have found that when stored chilled a keg with hops in it won't develop off flavors, up to six months.

To answer your question, yes you can pull them out, just be sanitary

Sweet!! I have enough batches going right now to try some experimenting so I'll try that. Thanks buddy! :mug:

Back