ok, I just turned my kids over!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, this sound stupid- but my exhusband just stopped over to pick up the kids' "little things' for them to use while I'm gone. My kids are 17 and almost 15- hardly toddlers!
But I ended up hugging my exhusband (who has a wife who hates me beyond belief), and turned over the kids' most prized posessions- Ipod charger, Ipod, hockey equipment, etc.
I'm going to miss those teenagers! We took them with us to Eleuthera the last time- but can't this time to due school schedules. They don't have a problem with us going- in fact, told us to "have a nice time!".
Geez, I miss them already, and I haven't left yet. And if the weather in Milwaukee doesn't turn for the better, we might never leave!
Anyway, please excuse this PUI (posting while intoxicated). Not to mention, I'm so drunk I hugged my exhusband. I havent' touched him in 10 years or more. Yeah, he's still disgusting. I'm not THAT drunk........but he loves the kids as much as I do. And he only charged me $250 to take care of them for two weeks.

Yooper Chick said:
And he only charged me $250 to take care of them for two weeks.
huh?

When you flying out of Milwaukee? Another storm is comming but doesnt look like it will get ugly until Wednesday evening / Thrusday morning

Great, Pumbaa, thanks! Our second flight is oh, 7:00 AM THURSDAY out of Milwaukee! If I'm still in Milwaukee after that on Thursday, I'll be calling you and SWMBO to buy us a beer!

But that's ok- we have plenty of time to catch our 4:45 PM flight to Eleuthera out of Ft Lauderdale! ( I see us spending a lot of time in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, before we come any where near Fort Lauderdale)

Heck yes, the ex charges me! But I don't tell the kids. I call it quality time with their dad. They adore him and think he's God. I don't want to interfere. so I write him a check (last week so he cashed it already) and kiss them goodbye. All the while knowing he's an a**hole. But the kids love him and come from 50% of his genes so I just suck it up. The hardest part of a divorce is being loving to your ex when they are jerks. The second hardest part is making it up to your kids.

Yooper Chick said:
Heck yes, the ex charges me! But I don't tell the kids. I call it quality time with their dad. They adore him and think he's God. I don't want to interfere. so I write him a check (last week so he cashed it already) and kiss them goodbye. All the while knowing he's an a**hole. But the kids love him and come from 50% of his genes so I just suck it up. The hardest part of a divorce is being loving to your ex when they are jerks. The second hardest part is making it up to your kids.

Well, isn't that special? I've heard of guys getting heck from their wives for calling it 'babysitting' when they have to watch the kids. It's 'parenting' they say. I always thought that was just an issue of semantics. Maybe not. Your ex appears to be babysitting for you.

<smartass>You could tell him to take the $250 out of his support payments. </smartass>

Lorena get your @ss out of town and go have a great time!
I know you miss the kids but they will be fine. A little bit of separation is good anyway.:mug:

Have fun and take lots of pics.:D

Yooper Chick said:
Great, Pumbaa, thanks! Our second flight is oh, 7:00 AM THURSDAY out of Milwaukee! If I'm still in Milwaukee after that on Thursday, I'll be calling you and SWMBO to buy us a beer!

I'll PM you with my contact info

Yooper Chick said:

I hope you have a great time and by the way you are a "Class Act". I hope that if I ever get a divorce I could be like that...........

I saw the photos of your lovely daughter and handsome son. They are still very young, and I applaud your efforts........in time they will know all of what you know now. God Bless and have a FREAKING BLAST!!!!!!!!!:rockin:

Copper

This always happens with us we wait like criminals looking for a break until we get that yearly 1 night away from the kids. Then we get it and I really miss them and since having kids I have lost the ability to sleep in.

Back