So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be brewing a Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH this weekend. I'm on a quest to build the best session IPA I can enjoy. I really, really like IIPA's, but I really, really hate being hungover; so I've decided to dedicate my resources to making the closest-thing-to-an-IIPA-while-still-being-under-6% session that pleases my palette.

The biggest problem is replicating the heftiness, the BIGness of a dense IIPA. So I'm starting small, brewing a little here and there, adding a little this and that, until, hopefull, I can pull off a beer that tastes as great as Resin or Outlaw or such; and be able to drink it all damn night.

Getting all set up to brew an AG Scottish ale! Gotta bit of homework to do tonight before starting tomorrow, like looking up conversion rates for #'s of grain:#'s of dme, etc.

Also, sometime tomorrow gotta pull a 3 hour road trip to pick up my daughter... Time is of the essence! Lol

Gonna be busy tomorrow!

Brewed my chocolatey pumpkin sex porter this weekend. I considered not cleaning out the boil kettle because it smelled so good. Felt like a crime against nature.

Brewing another pilsner this weekend, to replace the one that leaked out of my keg and all over the bottom of my kegerator. Hopefully I'll actually get to drink this one...

Just realized that its been over 2 months since my last brew day. Ugh, never again. I've been way too busy this summer.

Doing the CYBI Wells Bombardier clone recipe. It's been years since I have brewed an English Pale Ale - hopefully this will turn out.

Brewing a Peach Wheat today. Just doing the wheat part of it. Going to add the peaches to the secondary in a couple weeks.

About to go grind 27# of grain to begin my brew day... House IPA, here I come!

Bottling my latest IPA this evening and currently mashed in with a hybrid Czech / American pilsner that will get fermented as an ale.

Brewing the pumpkin ale tonite! Trying a water bath for fermentation since I didn't on the first 2 batches.

Brewed a Single Hop IPA with Simcoe last night. I used a blow off tube into a 1 gallon jug with 1/2 gallon of star san. It's been bubbling like crazy all day!

Brewed a Single Hop IPA with Simcoe last night. I used a blow off tube into a 1 gallon jug with 1/2 gallon of star san. It's been bubbling like crazy all day!
Same story for me, except I brewed Saturday and this morning is was still blowing like crazy (2-3 bubbles per second).
At first I used a little bowl to blow in to, which has worked the other times. But Sunday morning I saw that it had blown some of the liquid out of there too, so I had to switch to the 1 gallon jug.

My brew weekend was pushed to a Monday brew day. Got strike water heating up now for an all centenniel version of Ed's Hause Pale Ale. :mug:

I actually need help. I have entirely too many things in fermentors.

Apple Graff, Caramel apple cider, Dubbel, Belgian strong, Pumpkin ale, Strawberry/rhubarb ale, Mother of Dragons / Game of Thrones Mead, JAOM, and Yellow Plum Ale. Just bottled a Wheat Saison and a HopCult IPA.

Hi, My name is Mike, I'm addicted to brewing.:eek:

I actually need help. I have entirely too many things in fermentors.

Apple Graff, Caramel apple cider, Dubbel, Belgian strong, Pumpkin ale, Strawberry/rhubarb ale, Mother of Dragons / Game of Thrones Mead, JAOM, and Yellow Plum Ale. Just bottled a Wheat Saison and a HopCult IPA.

Hi, My name is Mike, I'm addicted to brewing.:eek:

Same here.

I got a Belgian Saison with brett, Pilsner, SmaSH, Sour blonde, Spontaneous fermented ale, 10 gals of hard lemonade. Have an RIS, Raspberry Sour Cider on tap. You might be beating me but i'm catching up. :rockin:

Brewing an ESB thursday :D

Same here.

I got a Belgian Saison with brett, Pilsner, SmaSH, Sour blonde, Spontaneous fermented ale, 10 gals of hard lemonade. Have an RIS, Raspberry Sour Cider on tap. You might be beating me but i'm catching up. :rockin:

Brewing an ESB thursday :D

Glad I'm not alone in this. The wife actually asked me this weekend "You have quite a few things going right now. What are we going to do with all of it??"

I can only think of one thing...
:tank::drunk:

gometz, it's still bubbling like crazy! Now the blow off tube has some Krausen on the inside.

Didn't check this morning, but last night at about 7PM it still was going at about 2 bubbles per second with no signs of slowing at all. Had a nice blowout at the beginning so my entire tube is already coated with dried krausen! Not to mention the top of the carboy, I can only see what is going on in the liquid.

Just mashed in NBs Oud Bruin de Table. This will be my first decoction mash AND my first adventure with a sour beer. Anybody else try a decoction in conjunction with BIAB?

I already overshot my first rest temp. :( I'm sure it'll turn out fine, though.

Brewing this weekend, probably another Saison while I am waiting for things to cool down to make temp control easier

would you considering mixing together a cider brewing? if so i am mixing/brewing friday, it's going to be odd to not have it take hours!

Planning on brewing an Oktoberfest, I cannot remember which post that I got the recipe from, but I remember the brewer saying that he has won several awards with it, not that I plan on entering it, I just want a real good Oktoberfest.
I have a Honey Brown and Lagunitus Clone on deck as well, I think 2 out of three will get brewed.

I'm going to do an Oatmeal stout this weekend.

Get some flaked Oats and flaked Barley in there, Use Maris Otter as the base and then break out some Old Sonoma yeast.

Hoping I can find time to do Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. Got the ingredients sitting in a bucket right now.

Group brewday with the club tomorrow. May brew my Black Saison, may not.

On Sunday will be making 1 gallon batches of Mead, Skeeter Pee, Apfelwein, Yooper's Welch's wine, and going to try a maple syrup wine.

Back