aroma hops vs dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtums

Reaction score
I'm brewing up an APA this weekend and was considering using my 1 oz centennial hops after fermentation rather than after the boil. Which is more beneficial?

I've found that dry hopping gives more aroma than late boil aroma hopping. A 7 day dry hop is plenty to me. Hits you right between the eyes as soon as you pop the cap.

They're both beneficial, but very different IMO.
Try one brew with a flame-out addition and no dry hopping, then try the same brew again with dry hops and no flame-out addition. I think you will see what I mean, and you will then know the answer rather than relying on some other person's preferences.

-a.

Both are good for different reason. Anytime you add hops to the boil it adds some bitterness. Any time you dry hop it adds much more hop aroma because of the fermentation process being done.

I decided to do both. 1oz of centennial at 1 minute and an ounce of citra dry hop. You can't have too much of a good thing.

Back