Beginner Brewer from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02gixxersix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My GF just bought be a starter kit from Northern Brewery for Christmas. I got the essential starter kit, 5 qt kettle, and their "Dead Ringer IPA" kit for $80 with a Cyber Monday coupon. I have a few buddies that have been brewing for years so I have been picking their brains and I am gonna do a lot of reading. I can't wait. I am gonna brew the American Wheat that came with it tomorrow. I love to cook because I like my food how I like it, so I think I am going to love brewing my own beer for the same reason. Looks like there is a wealth of information on here so I can't wait to get educated and get started.

Pick up some sanitizer like starsan. None of the kits come with it for some reason.
Probably the two biggest reasons for problems that I've read on here are lack of sanitization and lack of patients.

Enjoy!

Welcome and Good luck on your American Wheat! I just finished my first 5 gallon batch of, "Hoptoberfest" a couple of weeks ago and got great reviews! I can't wait to brew my next one!

Thanks guys. I did get some sanitizer with the kit. I'm pretty are it is the one mentioned. I'm not going to have any direct supervision but definite some people to help out if need be. There is so much info in this site it's awesome. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Awesome finally another brewer in pemberton. If you really get into I would suggest looking into Barley Legal (if you don't already know about it) its a homebrew club, trips parties all kinds of stuff, I am also in Pemberton and just joined. Great guys. Welcome to the habit - oops I mean hobby haha

Nice another Browns Millionaire! I will definitely check that out. BTW first wort is on the stove.

Back