bottling 1 gal batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBmadtown

Reaction score
I have a 1 gal batch of apfelwein fermenting. Bottling should occur in 2 weeks or so. I just realized that I haven't bottled only 1 gal before. Do people still use a bottling bucket or is there a better technique?

Bottling bucket should still do the trick.. Or you can attach a length of hose to your racking can and attach the other end to the bottle filler and just fill right out of the container

I have a couple of 1 G batches to do, I have never bottled one before. I might rack to another 1 G jug or a bottling bucket just to minimize contact with the sediment, however it does INCREASE contact with the air.

I have a couple of 1 G batches to do, I have never bottled one before. I might rack to another 1 G jug or a bottling bucket just to minimize contact with the sediment, however it does INCREASE contact with the air.

If you put a campden tablet in the gallon jug it will be an anti-oxydent.

No problems...

If you put a campden tablet in the gallon jug it will be an anti-oxydent.

No problems...

Very true, however, I prefer not to put additives in my beer, not sure why. Wine on the other hand I have no issues with.
Of course a little shot of CO2 would benefit. Maybe careful siphoning into bottles is even better.

Back