What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arturo7 said:
Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale

Wow!

I usually think of Deschutes as an "also ran," but this stuff is fantastic!

You sold me!! Haha

550f1464.jpg

A SN Torpedo followed by this Avery Brewing Co. IPA. It is surprisingly very good. Nice 6.5% beer and great hop flavor and aroma!

image-1872200257.jpg

Homebrew message board no-no I am drinking a hefeweizen that I bottled on Saturday! Something got screwed up and I had an empty sitting there when I got home from work. The sugar either didn't get mixed right or it fell to the bottom as I had to take a phone call after I had racked it. So anyway I took the last of the bottles that I filled and stuck them in the fridge. Drink em before the angels get to it. It's not bad actually and there is plenty of carbonation for me to enjoy it. Had I got my efficiency right this would be a heck of a beer but the body and abv is light. Flavors are correct tho.

I would drink at this bar in the picture. Where/who is it?

Stags Head in Houston, TX. Let me see if can find you a "some what current" tap list.

Actually.... here is the website, as I am not sure how "current" it is and or if is even complete. Regardless.... one of the best pubs I've been to. :ban:

Click Here For Beer List

Actually looked at the list. No where even close to "complete".

The mug is not very photogenic, but I'm enjoying some of my Falconers Flight IPA following up some Saison. Chipotle Smoke Porter may be up next.

image-2534802623.jpg

jvcjbl said:
Stags Head in Houston, TX. Let me see if can find you a "some what current" tap list.

Actually.... here is the website, as I am not sure how "current" it is and or if is even complete. Regardless.... one of the best pubs I've been to. :ban:

Click Here For Beer List

Actually looked at the list. No where even close to "complete".

The list is actually not impressive at all. There isn't much craft beer. I like the looks of the place though.

The list is actually not impressive at all. There isn't much craft beer. I like the looks of the place though.

Like I said... not even remotely complete. It doesn't mention any of their "casks" or local brews which are made at my buddies 15 keg system. The beer selection is good, but not the "best". What makes is one of my favorite is it has some of the best pub food I've ever had as well as a decent beer selection. My all time favorite place has one of the best "craft/micro beer" selections I've ever seen and THE BEST food I've eaten. It is just all the way across Houston and not a good idea when your plastered. :mug:

I dont even remember. I went to a brewers party last night for a tap release and a public party this morning for the bottle release. If y'all start naming stouts I probably had at least a taste of it in the last 12 hours.

jvcjbl said:
Like I said... not even remotely complete. It doesn't mention any of their "casks" or local brews which are made at my buddies 15 keg system. The beer selection is good, but not the "best". What makes is one of my favorite is it has some of the best pub food I've ever had as well as a decent beer selection. My all time favorite place has one of the best "craft/micro beer" selections I've ever seen and THE BEST food I've eaten. It is just all the way across Houston and not a good idea when your plastered. :mug:

Thats cool sounds a little bit like Fatheads here. They have like 10 standards and then top notch craftbrews. Local beer. Casks and they have their own brewery that makes about the best beer around. Great sammys too. They were on foodnetwork a couple weeks ago but they glossed over the beer.

jeepinjeepin said:
I dont even remember. I went to a brewers party last night for a tap release and a public party this morning for the bottle release. If y'all start naming stouts I probably had at least a taste of it in the last 12 hours.

I went to last years sexual chocolate release but couldn't make it to this years. Great place and always a fun crowd that's willing to share!

HokieBrewer said:
I went to last years sexual chocolate release but couldn't make it to this years. Great place and always a fun crowd that's willing to share!

Good call. Thats where I was at. This was a bourbon barrel aged sexual chocolate.

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale! This stuff surprised me! It's fantastic! I picked up half a case of this for $13. Hard to beleive for a 9.87% beer! I'll have pick up more of this to save in the cellar!

image-1071234299.jpg

Bell's Two Hearted (where have you been all my life?) and a very (very very) horrible attempt at honey brown ale that was my first brew ever. I am stuck trying to decide if the flavor is off because of my mistaken use of distilled water in the steel or the high fermentation temps, pretty sure it's the distilled water leeching from the pot. At anyrate once you down 24 ozs it becomes drinkable.

Tholan said:
Bell's Two Hearted (where have you been all my life?) and a very (very very) horrible attempt at honey brown ale that was my first brew ever. I am stuck trying to decide if the flavor is off because of my mistaken use of distilled water in the steel or the high fermentation temps, pretty sure it's the distilled water leeching from the pot. At anyrate once you down 24 ozs it becomes drinkable.

I don't see using DI water causing any problems with your pot. What were your fermentation temps.

WYOBrews said:
Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale! This stuff surprised me! It's fantastic! I picked up half a case of this for $13. Hard to beleive for a 9.87% beer! I'll have pick up more of this to save in the cellar!

One of my absolute favorite beers

Haputanlas said:
One of my absolute favorite beers

It is one heck of a beer, especially for the money!

I'm trying this one out tonight: Odell Brewing Co.'s Myrcenary. Double IPA. Very good as well.

image-3512263641.jpg

Not sure. Something from yeungling. On an overnight trip with the fam in Lancaster. The only local offerings are Troegs Hop Back, Yeungling lager and Yeungling something. Disappointing local lineup and only BMC to go. Quick drinking night tonight

Lagunitas Censored

Had to be a bad sixer. Sweet malt flavor with something just wrong in between. I simply cannot believe it was meant to taste like this. I'll still have a hard time buying another. I love everything I've had from Lagunitas but this one has to have something wrong with it.

Bigbeavk said:
Lagunitas Censored

Had to be a bad sixer. Sweet malt flavor with something just wrong in between. I simply cannot believe it was meant to taste like this. I'll still have a hard time buying another. I love everything I've had from Lagunitas but this one has to have something wrong with it.

I just recently tried Censored as well and felt exactly the same way as you did about it. It was the first LaGunitas beer I'd had and it made me a little hesitant to buy more of their products. I recently bought the Undercover Ivestigation Shut-Down Ale, only because I couldn't resist the price and have been very pleased with it! Glad I didn't bail after the Censored on Lagunitas!

Back