What is your absolute FAVORITE recipe, and why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I <3 my mixed berry wine. Easy to make, kicks you in the butt, loved by friends, a hit at thanksgiving (and thanksgiving II).

My favorite is a raspberry mead that is typically ready for consumption as early as 7 months after it is dry, and a chocolate raspberry chambourcin that can be fortified (made from the pressings of fresh grapes, works well with other grapes or can use canned wine concentrate).

So far, my fav that I've come up with is a Blackberry-Barbera, it was something like 20 lbs of frozen blackberries and 1 can of Barbera concentrate and maybe a little added sugar. Fermented completely dry with some Hungarian Heavy toasted oak and aged on more of it. It stands out in my mind because it helps me break the mind set that fruit wines had to be sweet and fruity. It's a great wine with bacon cheeseburgers or grilled lamb. I'll probably make it again, but use another variety, Barbera was a little thin bodied and high in acid, I'm thinking it will be better with a Zin concentrate.

Back