Finally, that WOW beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
It hasn't even been a week in the bottle yet, but I couldn't resist. My last brew was a Kolsch as I wanted a very light colored, mild tasting brew for the BMC fans to enjoy, but still with enough flavor for my beer geek buddies as well. I am pleased to announce that I have accomplished all those goals. This beer is delicious! And I decided to use Cascade hops for flavoring instead of traditional noble just for my own little twist and I couldn't be happier. Now I just need to empty some of the 9 cases of beer I have stockpiled in my basement so I have room to brew more. Cheers to all! I'm glad I could share my experience with this support group, er ah forum. :cross:

Glad to hear man.. nothing better than the perfect brew! Hope mine comes out that good!

Post up the recipe. My friends are getting a little freaked out by some of the stuff coming out of my kitchen (in a good way, of course).

5# extra-light DME
8oz Pilsen Malt
8oz Wheat Malt
4oz Carapils Malt

1oz Tettnang (60)
1oz Cascade (30)

Wyeast 2565 (Kolsch)

2.5 Gal @ 150 for 45min.

Ferment @ 65 for 3 weeks, secondary for 4 @ 50-55. Bottle condition at 50-55 for 3 weeks. It's Amazing!

Latest posts

Back