noob to voting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachatola

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post but i had a couple of Qs about the process of voting for the up and coming elections. never been much into the voting or politics and im still not what i would call "super savvy", but long story short i would like to vote this election and i need to make sure i register right, and what not.

I just completed a registration on my state site, my question is does that only register me for my state elections or does that encompass the presidential elections too. Or do i need to register somewhere else for the presidential election? Sorry im a noob to brewing and voting so im looking for some direction here. LOL :D

if you're registered to vote, it's probably for all general elections, state and national. Party primaries are different, and vary from state to state, but I'm willing to bet that you're now registered to vote in fed and state elections.

But IIWY, I'd call someone at the state offices and ask, just to be sure.

In order to answer your question fully, we need a little more information first. Who will you be voting for?

;)

haha i would be willing to bet that if i answer that question, it would pull me farther and farther from my original Q as i could possibly get. LOL Thanks for the responses guys.

And yea i figured this was best, i could have called my local office and asked (which i may do) but instead i figured why not ask HBT, and get an answer (or 10) within 20 min, instead of waiting on the phone listening to elevator music for 45 min to hear "yea your good" LOL

Yea, you are good, one common misconception here in the united states is that there are national elections. What is actually happening is 50 individual statewide elections happening at the same time. Each state has different voting laws, but they are all required to follow the voting rights act. These little nuances are what makes the electoral college so much fun.

Back