English Pressure Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awilson430

Reaction score
I've been homebrewing since about 1986, when I lived in England. There was a wide variety of pressure kegs on the market there, very siimple pieces of equipment and not very expensive. Here in the States I can't find anything but cornelius kegs for kegging my brew. Does anyone know a source for the English type plastic or aluminium 5 imperial gallon pressure kegs? I contacted a source in England, but they can't ship them to the States.

awilson430 said:
I've been homebrewing since about 1986, when I lived in England. There was a wide variety of pressure kegs on the market there, very siimple pieces of equipment and not very expensive. Here in the States I can't find anything but cornelius kegs for kegging my brew. Does anyone know a source for the English type plastic or aluminium 5 imperial gallon pressure kegs? I contacted a source in England, but they can't ship them to the States.

I'll swap you a couple of kegs for cornies if you want.
Let me know and I'll try and find out the cost to ship.

I have 2 x 23L barrels with pressure relief valves, S30 type gas inlets.
I could source more if you wish.

Try Hop and Grape Hop and Grape/

They import from the US so should have an idea how to export.

They sell the more popular kegs

KIN20154942.JPG
BUD20155735.JPG

You will need a universal barrel adaptor to hook them up to gas (it's usefull to be able to keep a low pressure on the beer), you'll also need to change the inlet rubber on the valve for a silicone one which allows gas in at a lower pressure as they are usualy pressurised with a blast of gas from a small 800 psi co2 cylinder, i'm pretty sure they wont ship these and to be honest they arent very good anyway.

Back