Help with braided stainless LP gas line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
I am at the stage of my build where I need to order my gas lines. I want stainless braided line just for the aesthetics. The male connectors are 3/8 flair and I would want a 90 deg fitting on the burner end. Anyone know of a place that custom builds the braided stainless lp gas lines?

Thanks
Zeek

IMG_1636.jpg

Wow, I thought for sure someone out there would have used stainless steel braided propane lines for their burners. Anyone? :eek:

Here's one

And another,,,

BTW, beautiful stand!
(just hate to see the frame routed gas manifold...) and, are you going to run all 3 burners on 11" W.C.? If not, those Furnace Gas Valve won't work, they will only work with low pressure.

Here's one

And another,,,

BTW, beautiful stand!
(just hate to see the frame routed gas manifold...) and, are you going to run all 3 burners on 11" W.C.? If not, those Furnace Gas Valve won't work, they will only work with low pressure.

OHG, Thanks! I looked for hours with no luck for someone to custom make SS braided gas lines for me. I will check to see if one of these places will. (I was hoping you would sell the braided lines :) )

I have built this brew stand to run on 11 inches of water column. If my boil times are not what I am expecting I will just add two .5lbs regulators before the honneywell gas valves and use high pressure for the gas beam so the Brew Kettle will run on the higher pressure. That was all planned into the placement of the gas valves (I left enough room for the regulators if needed)

Thanks again for the links..
Zeek

I just gas piped mine today, I used the stainless mesh hose that I got with my bg12 burners. Bought a couple fittings from home Depot and saved cash! I have a 10 psi adjustable regulator left. 1/8" FIP outlet. I'll have a picture on my build page later. The current picture has the yellow appliance hoses. I switched em.

OHG, Thanks! I looked for hours with no luck for someone to custom make SS braided gas lines for me. I will check to see if one of these places will. (I was hoping you would sell the braided lines :) )

I have built this brew stand to run on 11 inches of water column. If my boil times are not what I am expecting I will just add two .5lbs regulators before the honneywell gas valves and use high pressure for the gas beam so the Brew Kettle will run on the higher pressure. That was all planned into the placement of the gas valves (I left enough room for the regulators if needed)

Thanks again for the links..
Zeek

Hey Zeek - nice looking stand! I see on your FB page that you were able to find some custom length SS braided LP hoses, where'd you end up getting them? I'm looking for the same.

Thanks!

I purchased some stainless steel hose mesh from Jeggs (racing parts catalog) and sent it to Onehoppyguy (forum member) who makes custom length gas lines. He put the mesh on the hose before crimping the ends on the line. I searched high and low for someone that could custom make them from the real stainless mesh gas line with absolutely no luck at all. It is just for looks so doing it the way I did worked out ok.
Regards.

Sounds like you found what you needed In the future Detroit Flexible Metal/Auto Cycle Marine has everything you could possibly need.

Wow! I've never been to the website before, just talked on the phone or went to their counter. The address is correct, I would imagine I've been dealing with the "Auto Cycle Marine" arm of the company, who will sell you small quantities of anything you want. But if I ever need hoses for my tank, I know they've got me covered.

Back