oatmeal cream pie brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klcramer

Reaction score
Yep you guessed it I want to brew something that tastes like a little debbie cream pie. They go so well with beer I want to have them all in one what recipe should an extract brewer that doesn't have much experience be looking at?

Just "dry hop" a bud light clone :D with two or three little debbies and you should be good to go :D

Are you serious? I am a beginner and am likely to try just about anything. I would hate to ruin a batch of homebrew.

Look for a good oatmeal cream stout recipe. Hop lightly (20 or less IBU), and add some cinnamon (1 teaspoon-ish) and vanilla extract (2 oz or so) at flameout. Consider a molasses or even maple syrup addition as well - get the all natural stuff, as preservatives will not help your yeast. Other spices that might help in moderation: nutmeg, allspice, coriander, and cloves.

klcramer said:
Are you serious? I am a beginner and am likely to try just about anything. I would hate to ruin a batch of homebrew.

Yes, I'm joking. I meant to put a funny smiley at the end of my reply but forgot. Probably should have put something like this :D

Nevermind, I did put smileys. You'd wind up with some wierd beer if you did what I suggested.

Latest posts

Back