New Batch Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkscruff

Reaction score
Now that the temp has cooled off a bit it's time for me to start brewing again. I don't dig saisons so I haven't been able to brew since around May / June because it gets too warm in my house (northeast).

I have been brewing for 2+ years and thus far have only done extract kits from Northern Brewer. I have also created my own recipes using syrup & specialty grains. I am trying to decide what to make for my next batch. I probably wont get a chance to brew until the last weekend in September, so this batch wont be ready until mid November. Any suggestions? I have pretty much been sticking to stouts, porters, and IPA's since those are my favorites. I have been thinking of doing an amber ale, or American pale ale, but also want to hear some rec's.

I just bottled a vanilla porter--which I brewed an inexpensive porter kit from Midwest and racked on top of 3 vanilla beans that were soaked in vodka. Should be able to ready to taste in a couple of weeks.

Also getting ready to transfer a dark Christmas ale to secondary to be spiced with ginger/orange and cinnamon.

Just tasted an Autumn Ale (amber) that finished bottle conditioning from Jasper's--its just OK. I prefer an Irish red for everyday drinking.

Havent tried Northern Brewer's kits yet. I was looking at their Cherry Stout. Is that one that you have tried?

An Amber Ale with pumpkin pie spices? Perfect for november. Stouts and Porters perfect for the fall as well. Stouts/ IPA's are my favorite. Maybe a Pumpkin Porter? Do you like Belgian beers? A dubbel or triple maybe? A nice pale ale would be quick, but I think those will be better for spring time. I thought about including some wheat into an IPA, since Lagunitas' Lil Sumpin Sumpin has wheat in their IPA, and it is fantastic.

Back