ideal home bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobody

Reaction score
when i had my home built i have a bar put in the basement. i have a pool table,dart board and neon signs hug up around the place. i have around 1000sq.ft of area to enjoy.
02_19_14.jpg
02_19_17.jpg
02_19_13.jpg

small gathering of friends for somebodies birthday.
partypictures003.jpg
partypictures002.jpg
partypictures004.jpg
me!!!!
partypictures006.jpg
me again:off:!!!
meanda223005.jpg

i'm trying to get ideals for my next home. i love the ideal of a horseshoe shaped bar that will seat about 15 people!!! but i get lost after that. help me out guys!!!

IS that Betty White? You know if Betty White's over, you have a kicka$$ home bar party going down!!

:rockin:

Looks like fun ! How about music ! The best investment is a great sound system. Well second to home brew of course. Could of bought a nice car for the price of mine but worth every penny. :mug:

betty white:rockin:!!!!! that was my mom!!!!!! but that was funny as hell!! for music i have my computer downloaded with over 24 hours of music. i just hit shuffle and let it ride. i have a pretty damned good system that i just plug into the headset jack on the computer.

i have a pretty damned good system that i just plug into the headset jack on the computer.

No such thing. :)

A couple of years ago I decided to build a hackintosh as a media server. Connected to it is a 50" Panasonic Plasma, a half-way decent Yamaha sx-765 7.x receiver which is connected to the media server, bluray player, satillite DVR, ... and polk monitor 60's all around (cs-1 in center) and a Kliplish 12" sub. I also have hooked up an old circa 1980 or so Sony STR-V5 receiver (here's a picture of one, not mine: SONY STR-V5 Big Receiver Photo - Canuck Audio Mart and a Sony PSX-600 turntable (here's a youtube from someone else that has one) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ysa8ASU8V4]Sony PS-X600 BioTracer Turntable - YouTube[/ame] and a Shure V15 Type 4 cartridge.

So, for modern media (blu-ray, including blu-ray audio), internet streams, ... it's nice to hear audio with the 7.1 setup. For very-old-school (vinyl), the old setup.

Now, if I just had a bar setup like you do to go with it! :) :mug:

my next home will have around a 1300sq ft bar area. when i first moved into the house we had a hog roast. the bar area down stairs looked like a movie. you could walk in the door and stand in a chair and just see heads everyplace. we had kereokee going in the home theatre room down there, people shooting pool and playing darts. we were mixxing up drinks and just having a heck of a time. no party even with a live band was as good as that first one.

Latest posts

Back