I waited a long time for this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
First some background material.

When my son was born I hung out in the hospital with him and his mother until they kicked me out. It was a C section birth so everything took place during normal working hours. I was out of there around 7 or 8 o'clock and flying pretty high over this monumental change in my life.

I looked up a buddy of mine and asked if he'd be willing to tilt a few to toast the health of the new addition. Of course he agreed so I picked up some drinks and headed over to his house. I wanted a little something special for a special occasion so I picked up a bottle of Napoleon brandy to go with the usual beer fare.

We drank about half the bottle and then I pushed the cork back in and said that the next time it was pulled out will be by my son on his 18th birthday (The legal drinking age where I am is 18) and we'd finish the rest of the bottle together.

On Sunday that cork was removed and we shared a shot together before heading out on the town. I'm the guy with the beard.

Gray_s_birthday.JPG

This is drunken ramblings because about six hours after this picture was taken I had to carry him out of the beer gardens. Heh. Good times.

He's looking a little eager to get that glass out of your hand! That's awesome though!
Congrats!

Actually that's a trick of the camera angle. He poured us a drink each and we're clinking glasses in that shot.

thats to cool Fingers
Born on Canada Day too...whats more Canadian than that?

Cheers
BeerCanuck

His birthday was on Sunday so he missed Canada Day. The good news is that the local celebrations were on the weekend. The bar was only open until 5 o'clock so it's a good thing we had beer gardens to go to.

God damn that beer was bad. I went through every brand they had trying to find one that was palatable. No luck.

Awesome! I had a similiar idea and bought a case of wine when my daughter was born(2003), but of course a few years later. I'll buy a case of decent 2007 when I can find one that'll age well.

That is such a nice tale, Fingers. So often you hear the front side of things like this but it's rare when you get to see the finish. Thanks for sharing. :mug:

Back