What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a Harmon NW Biennial Brew and am working on a Rogue Chocolate Stout.

This stout is ridiculous. Starts off as a sweet Hershey's type of chocolate taste, but quickly turns into a bitter baker's chocolate on the finish. De-lic-ious.

I bought this beer today mostly because it was the only one on the shelf packaged in a king sized can.

bc5da1456a3686193c28d141e521d4c7_320x320.jpg

Double pint.

Left hand milk stout. Delicious at almost a year and I don't really like sweet beers. This is sweet with some roastiness and a nice bitter finish

Cream of three crops...I think it is yooper's recipe. Man I like a lot of different beers but I never thought I would like such a simple beer!

On my last bottle of SA wee heavy. Whew...10% kicks in hot weather. Especially with shots of vodka. Gunna try one of the last batch of summer shandy in a couple more hours. It's been bottled since 3/31 & upstairs in the warmest room in the house. A few hours should be ok for a sample...purely in the interest of science,of course. ;)

home made ginger ale!

for a 2 liter batch:

boil 3 cups (give or take) water with 1 tablespoon shredded FRESH ginger for a minute or two.
turn off heat, mix in 1 cup sugar until dissolved.
Mix in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
cool it down.
strain into clean 2 liter bottle.
top up with cold water.
Carbonate ( I use a carbonater cap, but champagne yeast could be used)

2012 Oak Aged Hatter. More on the just standard ipa. Not much oak but some dry astringency very slight dry woodiness as far as bourbon barrel.Good ipa though. Maybe i should get one aged a few more months to pick up on that more. I had a Rye Hatter which must have been sitting from last year wich didnt do anything for it -it was not very good,so i picked up a 2012 rye hatter to see if thats what it was. Why not bombers are only 5 bucks which is Sam Adams small batch series bomber-cheap! Or maybe i should say "sensible." Not cheap.

And then.. a Two Brothers Askew-sour ale. Tolerable for my limeted experiece with sours.Oaky vanilla great aroma + tart/ cidery/vinegary=duh?

Chewing on my India Brown ale now.Something strange about tropical hops with a brown,maybe i picked the wrong hops but it certainly is a great homebrew ipa that ive ever made. The chewy hoppy thing is what is i love about it though which overpowers a tropical brown awkwardness.If that makes any sense i dont know. It seems to work surprisingly otherwise. Deliciously sorta strange in a differnet style kind of way. Maybe more ambery than brown really more of a weak-brown.Not my fault i was pretty spot on with a recipe for a India Brown Ale. ONe of my most fresh tasting /memerable ipa's for shure.

It's still 80 something here,so it's bud light & vodka till the summer ale I fridged yesterday carbs up. Can't wait to see how this V2 turned out...
Well,surprise surprise! My son just rolled up & brought me a mixed 6'r of Rivertown wit ale & a SA porch kicker. First thing that came to mind was the "other" porch name. I think SA needs to put more thought into their beer names...

Dogfish immortale bottled on 3/23/10 lucky me. 11abv malty but fairly dry kinda taste like dark cherry overall a good brew

Back