thank you for the advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
I've only been on these boards for 2 months, but I have learned a lot from you guys. I have gained more knowledge about brewing in these two months than in the 20 years since I brewed my first batch.

I can't count the number of useful tips people have posted and it's great to read the countless ways other people might do those same things differently and sometimes have a better way to do it. And people are usually polite about it if they think someone else is in error and courteous in their back-and-forth discussions.

usually.

but there are those with absolutely NOTHING to add to the discussion, but feel compelled to post a comment along the lines of, "yes, this is known; I know it, everybody should know it, you're a moron if you don't know it." They go out of their way to grace us with the proclamation that they possess omniscience in all things regarding homebrewing (I say homebrewing, but this attitude is by no means limited to this subject or this forum), but cannot be bothered to share such knowledge as that would be beneath them.

well, I guess I'm a moron, because maybe I didn't know it. If you have something to add to the discussion, even a contrary opinion, I'm a reasonable person, I'm willing to consider alternatives. Heck, I might even change my mind.

It's been know to happen.

but if all your contribution to the pool of knowledge is, "I already knew that," then please, instead of clicking the "quick reply" button, go abuse some puppies, or whatever else you do to amuse yourself.

thank you
/soap box

Word, man. Perhaps you might consider supporting HBT by becoming a paid member? It's cheap and very well worth it!

And I promise the majority of us are with you in finding the more negatively toned responses cheap and arrogant. You'll never get that from me or many others.

Cheers!

GrogNerd said:
awesome twofer! a positive response AND a shameless plug!

done!

Haha! Hey, I'm a measly paid member with no other association. I just believe is supporting what we value ;)

Latest posts

Back