Kegerator in camper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarponteaser

Reaction score
If a compact fridge in a travel trailer was used to store/transport a corny keg set up with picnic taps and co2, would the 'bouncy' ride from hauling cause problems with using the keg?

Any sediment might get re-suspended depending on how far and how bouncy the ride but other than that no.

Well, that and don't have the picnic tap running up to the drivers seat....

Back when I was a yacht broker, I took a listing on an S2 11.0 A (a 36' sailboat). There was a tower in the counter near the icebox/fridge with a ball lock liquid fitting on the hose. I asked the guy about it and he said he'd bring a corney with him whenever he went sailing. I seriously considered buying that boat, and if I hadn't been engaged, I would have been living on it.

If you don't like the sediment swished up in the beer, push it to a clean keg after some gelatin treatment.

It only take a trip around the block to swish the sediment up in my cornies... yes 2 at minimum for camping...

Camping = wonderful food and Wonderful Beer. Beer starts 10 AM unless hiking is involved..

Back