what should i dry hop my Belgian wheat IPA with??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLFoley

Reaction score
This belgian wheat ipa will be my 4th batch overall (5gal), but my first ipa. First of all i was wondering if i can dry hop this beer and if so what would be my best options for hops? the flavor hops that i used in the boil were a half oz. of saaz and halleratu at 30 min. and another half oz. of the same two at 15 min. im wanting to go for more flavor than anything.

Amarillo!

Even though this beer is a mishmash of styles, I don't recommend dry hopping this beer with Amarillo. You may want to dry hop with Hallertauer or Saaz. Other noble hops seem appropriate, as do Goldings varietals. With these hops, you might get some grassiness. You could look for higher AA% hops for dry hopping to reduce the grassy character. Magnum might be a good candidate.

I just dry hopped a similar beer with Galaxy hops and I was very happy. They have a nice crisp hoppiness that is not overpowering. I think I used Australian Galaxy.

Back