Well All, I brewed my first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlatzBeer

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch...It seemed alot of work, but really really fun... I even tasted it. It tasted very good. But, what the hell do i know. Cheers, For everybody answering my silly questions..I can't wait to taste it for real.

Maybe a couple of issues. when i cooled it, i checked the temp and it read below 60. Around 55-58. My OG was 1.050. The directions say between 1.035-
1.040..Oops..

So am i fukced or what??

I'm drinking some german pils and have a nice buzz..

Now, the directions say_ For single stage brewing let ferment for 7-10 days. If gravity has been reached bottle.If not let sit for another day or so.

Should i change to the carboy for secondary or let it sit in the primary?

The choice is yours. I secondary almost all my beers but it's definitely not necessary. For a stout, clearer really doesn't matter much but for a pale ale you might want to.

I'm glad you're NOT following the directions to bottle at 7-10 days. I've been sort of following the 1-2-3 method- 1 week primary, 2 weeks in the clearing tank (carboy), then three weeks in the bottles. If you're not going to use a clearing tank after the primary fermentation is over, I'd leave it alone in the primary fermenter for at least two weeks before bottling.

Back