Blue Moon Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvotava91

Reaction score
I need a recipe for a blue moon clone. All my roommates really want me to make one. Extract please!

I need a recipe for a blue moon clone. All my roommates really want me to make one. Extract please!

Check out Northern Brewers website. I've brewed their Witbier four times. Side by side tasting at my drinking establishment, NBs was preferred.
NB also gives you the recipe.

how would you convert from AG to extract? This would be my second brew so I am not much of an expert on any of this stuff. Thanks!

Again, this thread has instructions for doing it with Extract, 4th post down from the top:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/blue-balls-belgian-wit-blue-moon-clone-24978/

Otherwise I also agree with the other suggestion you got about checking out Northern Brewer's recipes and kits. You can buy the kit right from them that will include all the ingredients (all extract if you go that route), and detailed instructions.

As for how to convert from all grain to extract, it's a deep question with as many answers as you have time for. You can apply some simple formulas, or read all about the subject here. For now, as a new brewer, I suggest you just stick with one of the above mentioned extract options.

Best of luck! Enjoy your beer.

Back