AR-15 Stock Mug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
New addition to my wish list.

...and like many things, the price (and by default, SWMBO) will prohibit me from owning. http://www.geekologie.com/2012/02/tactical-beer-mug-with-scope-mounts-ar-1.php

image-57452257.jpg

It only appears connected to AR-15s by the attached upper receiver handle. If you dismount that, as can easily be done, it becomes a funny looking tube with Picatinny rails on it. $250 for that sounds like Pentagon pricing!

The bottom is actually crenelated and with the internal ring can actually serve as a bottle opener. Hard to explain but if you handle one you will get the idea. It is made from one solid chunk of aluminum, not cheap. Also the process to get the end result from that solid chunk involves a bunch of material removal and machine time.

The fact that it is a large hunk of aluminum means it actually keeps the liquid in it pretty cold for a fairly long time. When I was trying one out we poured in an ice cold corona (only think available at the time) and it stayed ice cold through some pretty long conversations at the shop after a product testing day on the range.

Are they neat? You bet. Are they exceptionally well made? Certainly are. Do they function as designed? Very much so. Would I spend my hard earned money on one? Not a chance, but then again I am more slow speed, high drag.

Seems neat. You could always screw an AR grip to a plastic mug if you have extras lying around, for similar effect. Matter of fact, about that one in the basement.....

I've always to merge my love of guns and my love of drinking things.

Back