DC Group Buy #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone from Frederick/Hagerstown has or will be getting more C120 than they can handle, I'd take up to 20#. I just don't want to make the trip to Rockville if that's all I'm in for this round.

I think I signed up for 10 lbs and would be willing to part with 5 of them. I live in Frederick :) what recipes do you use it in if I may ask?

I think I signed up for 10 lbs and would be willing to part with 5 of them. I live in Frederick :) what recipes do you use it in if I may ask?

I'd appreciate that, thank you for the offer!

I just glanced over my recipe list and I have used it in lots of stuff: American Red Ale, Barleywine, English mild, ESB, Pumpkin Spiced Amber, Traditional Bock, and Winter Ale (my version of Arrogant Bastard).

I base most of my recipes on the ones found in "Brewing Classic Styles", making adjustments for my system and tastes. There are probably a few other recipes in that book that call for C120 that I haven't tried yet.

I think C120 is the only Crystal available to us that I don't yet have on hand. I have more than a whole sack of C60 if you'd like to swap for some of that or anything else you might need. I can do cash too if you prefer.

I'd appreciate that, thank you for the offer!

I just glanced over my recipe list and I have used it in lots of stuff: American Red Ale, Barleywine, English mild, ESB, Pumpkin Spiced Amber, Traditional Bock, and Winter Ale (my version of Arrogant Bastard).

I base most of my recipes on the ones found in "Brewing Classic Styles", making adjustments for my system and tastes. There are probably a few other recipes in that book that call for C120 that I haven't tried yet.

I think C120 is the only Crystal available to us that I don't yet have on hand. I have more than a whole sack of C60 if you'd like to swap for some of that or anything else you might need. I can do cash too if you prefer.

masonsjax
I'm in for 25# of C120 so if you want 10# from me we can weigh it out at my house once I pick it up. :D

I'm totally going to appoligize for being OT here...but since there are a few of us brewers going to be meeting up soon to get grains... Is there any chance any of you have Heady Topper or some Conan strain I could buy or trade something for when we meet to split grains? I really want to get some of that damn yeast, I mean the beer would be awesome to try but all I hear about is how cool the yeast is and want to try it myself.. :D I would love to harvest some, but trying to get it is a PITA. (Sad thing is I was up in Albany for 9 months 2 years ago...and went beer touring in VT a few times)...back before I was into brewing.

And back OT...depending on if its something I don't have, I might be up for some more splits.

I will cover the rest of the dark Munich (it is 55 lbs in a bag on the price list not 50) for up to 25 lbs.

Any chance I could get 10 lbs each of the dark munich and vienna? (I'm not sure what exactly is left....)

I will take 10# of the vienna if any is still available.

Is rye available? I see it on the bulk grain split sheet but I didn't see it on the price list.

I would take 20# of rye if anybody else is willing to split.

I will cover the rest of the dark Munich (it is 55 lbs in a bag on the price list not 50) for up to 25 lbs.

Fixed, thanks!

Any chance I could get 10 lbs each of the dark munich and vienna? (I'm not sure what exactly is left....)

I'm not sure how much reddskinfan wants. I put him on for 10# but it's not confirmed.

How about this: 10# for jnr1005, and a 3-way even split for bucksnort, reddskinfan, and me, 15# each?

38 + 1x Weyermann Munich II + 1x Weyermann Vienna = 40 sacks total.

This would close this bulk buy at 40 sacks, provided we can get what we order, and there are no drop-outs.

Fixed, thanks!

I'm not sure how much reddskinfan wants. I put him on for 10# but it's not confirmed.

How about this: 10# for jnr1005, and a 3-way even split for bucksnort, reddskinfan, and me, 15# each?

This would close this bulk buy at 40 sacks, provided we can get what we order, and there are no drop-outs.

:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:
Send me the bill for my share!
:mug::mug::mug:

Woohooo!!! Grain buy time! :mug:

So quick recap, how does this work... do we get one invoice for everything (our own and each split)? And how long do we have to get the money from the splits from each person?

Now I just need to order my grain mill (yes, kinda doing this back-ass words) :cross:

I will take 10# of the vienna if any is still available.

Is rye available? I see it on the bulk grain split sheet but I didn't see it on the price list.

I would take 20# of rye if anybody else is willing to split.

I didn't see your message before now, I was typing up the recap. We can probably cut you in on 10#, if none of the others object, so for Vienna it be like this:

10# for jnr1005, 10# for miahpage, and a 3-way even split for bucksnort, reddskinfan, and me, 11.67# each.

miapage you can take my rye, I'm in for 20, take it all, I have plenty.

Steve da sleeve

I'll reassign your 20# to miahpage.

So quick recap, how does this work... do we get one invoice for everything (our own and each split)? And how long do we have to get the money from the splits from each person?

Now I just need to order my grain mill (yes, kinda doing this back-ass words) :cross:

I think the deal is as follows:
Stonebrewer calculates the order and sends us the link to the spreadsheet. For the splits, the Primary Buyers will be charged for whole sack(s). They in turn will collect monies from the others in the splits.

In all honesty, using Paypal is the easiest. You'd send money to "friend or family" through your linked bank account. That way there are no transaction fees.
However, if you send money to "friend or family" using a credit card, Paypal charges their usual fee to the receiver. No freebie there.

That means:
All of you really need to have a Paypal account setup in advance, and preferably linked to your bank account. It takes a few days to a week for that link to materialize, so do it ASAP.

Speaking for myself, I don't mind cash, as long as we can meet at a certain time, early morning being best. And of course it's great spending time with other brewers in stonebrewer's driveway, but I doubt anyone wants to wait the whole day for pickups to complete the transactions and to get paid.

...Now I just need to order my grain mill (yes, kinda doing this back-ass words) :cross:

What mill are you looking at?
I'm sure to hold you over until you got your mill, you can ask someone to crush a few pounds for you.

Coincidentally, I was at Heavy Seas yesterday, and they have their old mill for sale :) It's kinda big, though.

Depending on what part of NVa you are in, you can use mine.

I want to go there too! I love their Loose Cannon

Yeah, Loose Cannon is very good. They use piles of dry hops in it.
HS is a pretty cool place. They're just finishing their new tasting room, with a deck and all. Hopefully they'll have a grand opening for the occasion.

I had a nice HS Saison at the Kegs and Corks festival a few weeks ago. And their new christmas/seasonal is aged in spiced-rum barrels. I saw them.

jnr I'll sell you mine. It's a MM3 standard 2" with hopper. Check for the best price you can find and subtract 15%. It's a couple of months old and assembled. I'm going for one with bigger rollers. Email me if you want to go that route.

icarussound at gmail

Steve da sleeve

jnr I'll sell you mine. It's a MM3 standard 2" with hopper. Check for the best price you can find and subtract 15%. It's a couple of months old and assembled. I'm going for one with bigger rollers. Email me if you want to go that route.

icarussound at gmail

Steve da sleeve

Thats awesome! Just what my brew partner and I were looking at :) I will talk with him today and get back with you because that sounds like a great deal! :rockin: (Can you tell I'm trying to do the happy dance at work without letting my boss know I'm looking at this site on my phone, lol)

Fixed, thanks!

I only need the Dark Munich... I have a whole bag of Vienna on this buy..

I only need the Dark Munich... I have a whole bag of Vienna on this buy..

Oops, you're right, you wanted Dark Munich split only. I've corrected it.

I've now allotted reddskinfan and myself 17.5# of Vienna each for the time being. We'll hash it out one way or another.

I'm for it. I'll put them on the list. Should or can we reserve these for a limited time, since they are the last 2 spots. I can take 20# each, perhaps more. How much do you want?

Actually, I am gonna pass on both. Just found out a buddy of mine has a sack of each and is willing to let me get some for FREE!

Glad I said something though. Now we are almost wrapped up on this buy.

Saw that this order was closed, but can we still add to this order? If so, I would like to add 1x Rahr White Wheat, making my order:

1x Rahr 2 Row Brewers
1x Rahr White Wheat

If the order is closed closed, I'll catch ya on the next one! Thanks!

If it helps I can take up to 18.33 (a portion of a 3 way split) of the last 2 splits...I don't want more than that, but maybe it will help get us there...

Actually, I am gonna pass on both. Just found out a buddy of mine has a sack of each and is willing to let me get some for FREE!

Glad I said something though. Now we are almost wrapped up on this buy.

I've removed your shares. Makes me the primary buyer now, I guess.

If it helps I can take up to 18.33 (a portion of a 3 way split) of the last 2 splits...I don't want more than that, but maybe it will help get us there...

Thank you, that helps.
I've split the Munich II 3-ways @18.33# each to jnr, bucksnort and IslandLizard. That remains closed.

To keep rounded amounts on the Vienna, I allotted 17.5# to both of us for now. The Vienna now has 10# left up for grabs. Anyone?

Saw that this order was closed, but can we still add to this order? If so, I would like to add 1x Rahr White Wheat, making my order:

1x Rahr 2 Row Brewers
1x Rahr White Wheat

If the order is closed closed, I'll catch ya on the next one! Thanks!

I'm not sure if we can go past 40. Stonebrewer will know. There maybe a drop-out too.

I've removed your shares. Makes me the primary buyer now, I guess.

Thank you, that helps.
I've split the Munich II 3-ways @18.33# each to jnr, bucksnort and IslandLizard. That remains closed.

To keep rounded amounts on the Vienna, I allotted 17.5# to both of us for now. The Vienna now has 10# left up for grabs. Anyone?

I still haven't touched my Vienna from the last split but if you have any good recipes for me I might take it. Would be ridiculous to delay this because of 10 measly pounds :rockin:

I still haven't touched my Vienna from the last split but if you have any good recipes for me I might take it. Would be ridiculous to delay this because of 10 measly pounds :rockin:

All taken care of, see below. A lot of lagers use Vienna, but you can use it in Pale Ales, Ambers, and Porters too. I'm thinking of using it in a rye saison.

I'll take the last 10# off Vienna.

Added to the list, thanks. Vienna is now closed.

Hopefully stonebrewer has some extra time left to compile the invoice sheet and get the order out.

Lots of splits this time and with that DME it needs some planning: good sealable bags!

Back