Filtering question for DIY project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1620HBC

Reaction score
Hey guys brewed and ipa and then after reading decided to put hops into bag and then into keg... well this may have been a bad idea... beer full of hops and sooo cloudy.. has anyone built any filtering device that would go from keg to faucet?

Ya Ive seen that but think its too late for my IPA !!! Its so cloudy already not sure what I can do??? I was thinking some kind of water filter or something i could connect from ke to faucet to clear it .... there's gotta be something I can get out there

I would let the keg sit and the hops will settle out. Wait until you achieve the aroma you desire and either fish out the bag of hops or transfer to another keg and let it sit until the hops clear out.

If you are convinced you need to filter the beer, a standard cartridge style water filter can be used. I have seen people use them as a randal. If you were to use a standard sediment filter (sanitized) you should be able to get most of the hop sediment out.

DON'T USE A CARBON FILTER. As it is you might have clogging of a paper or fiber sediment filter.

They are available at home depot, lowes, etc
07432061-ac47-46bb-8a6b-d242fcb99a3a_400.jpg

Back