trying a make cheep labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
Ok I have been using mailing labels, and I have been just printing them off my printer. I cant figure out how to add a image to the the labels format. Any ideas?

I use gimp to create / arrange the images and stuff, but paintbrush or any editor would work depending on how complex you want to be. I use gimp because of the layers but I am far from proficient. I paste the finished image into MS Word for printing. I only use Word because I made a sort of template that is the exact size of each label paper I use (6 per page). Copy -> Paste -> print. I use the same label process for wine & beer labels.

i have been working off the templet for the address labels from Word

You should be able to just click Insert -> Image.

Or even drag and drop an image into the label.

You'll have to do it for each label, which is kind of a pain in the arse... Microsoft doesn't make labels very easy or intuitive... they never have.

If you're using Avery labels, they have a thing online.

thanks that might have been my issue i was trying to copy and paste

I have had good success with Avery Labels and using the online label editor.

I also found this website for clip art. As far as I can tell all of the clipart on the site is public domain. The files are .png files which allow the background color of the label to come through.
http://www.clker.com

Back