Design and Print! - Tap Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Here is my new project. Im hoping to get a 3d printer soon. This was done in Autodesk Inventor. Still a work in progress!

TapHandleSolidColored_zps650b212b.jpg

I know nothing about 3d printers, would it be made out of a plastic? Or is it a wood (i.e carving) ?
3d printing can be done in metal, wood filament or ABS/PLA/PVA Plastic. Most of the home affordable machines only print in plastic. From what I understand, you could also rig them up to print in clay or chocolate.

I would be making it out of ABS or PLA...the threads would be included.

My stove knob has been broken for some time. They want 13 bucks a piece plus shipping. I drew this up last night.

Knob_zps8ce424f6.jpg

StoveKnobColored_zps1410cdc2.jpg

nice. I'd like to make some out of wood, but I don't have a lathe or any experience using one. For $2, that can't be beat though.

nice. I'd like to make some out of wood, but I don't have a lathe or any experience using one. For $2, that can't be beat though.

Yea but I didn't figure in the cost of the printer!!

I should be printing this within a month or so. I still have to assemble the printer

True, but that printer will be used for multiple items and hopefully it lasts a long time.

Back