Hello from CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conestogaman

Reaction score
Howdy! Just stumbled upon your humble site and decided to post instead of lurk here for a while.

I live in the Sack-o-tomato area of Cal-ee-for-nee-ah. I've been extract brewing for about 4 years or so. I don't have the time to go all grain...unless it'll drop my price per glass cost considerably...

My other hobbies include growing bananas and fruit trees (Pome, stone, and citrus). I want to utilize some of these fruits in beer. I'm looking for the flavors and the sugar utilization. I know bananas will yeild about 12-17% sugar. Might even try me some wine.

I brewed a Belgium Tripel with my Mandarins and it came out very flavorful. I put it in chopped, rind and all for the last 15 minutes of the boil (not the fermenter). I might even try to use the rind for bittering next time...

Happy brewing!

Jeff
Nasty Ass Brewing

Welcome to HTB! I did not realize you could grow bananas in Sacto but I guess it makes sense. I can't say I wish to experience another summer there though...

Back