New here requesting for help :-)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuvole

Reaction score
My first post here, and already I'm asking for help...:D

I have been working for a long offshore while and found that most ship's nowadays are "dry". Having loads of fruit juice and sugar onboard, I've purchase some alcotec 48 and lalvin EC-1118 and not sure how to go about with it. Do be kind and give me some sound advise how to brew my own w/o getting poison.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Nuvole

Checkout youtube tons of videos show step by step. Also, they show quick and easy, as simple as adding a packet of yeast to a bottle of fruit juice. Of course you get out what you put in. It would depend on how much space you have to conduct the brewing process.

First, nothing that could kill you can live in wine, which is what you are proposing to make.

I'd put some juice in a plastic soda bottle, or similar container, and add the yeast. Do not tighten cap all the way. Leave it just cracked open enough to let the pressure out. Wait a while. How long depends on what kind of drink you want.

You'll be making some Cheap and Easy fermented wine. Probably not the best tasting, but I don't think you are striving for a world class beverage here...

First, nothing that could kill you can live in wine, which is what you are proposing to make.

I'd put some juice in a plastic soda bottle, or similar container, and add the yeast. Do not tighten cap all the way. Leave it just cracked open enough to let the pressure out. Wait a while. How long depends on what kind of drink you want.

You'll be making some Cheap and Easy fermented wine. Probably not the best tasting, but I don't think you are striving for a world class beverage here...

Thanks for your reply mate,

I'm not looking at brewing Romanee-Conti myself lolz.

Just looking on option and suggestion with fruit juice, sugar and the yeast I have with me to make myself sleep better.

Cheers

I've use one litre of apple juice with six cube of sugar and too much yeast(I just pour from the bag and did not measure how much). With a balloon as air lock, there was great amount of gas release, my whole cabin smell of yeast now. Its now 48 hours and the mixture look very cloudy, I've drank a cup and its taste :eek:, but then I can feel the small kick that help me sleep better :drunk:

Now I'm trying out one litre on red grape, no sugar, one pet bottle cap of alcotec 48 and see if it'll taste any better:D

Back