So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of brewing a Cream Ale of some sort this weekend, so it'll be ready for springtime. Any decent extract/partial mash recipes anyone could suggest?

Today is my birthday so I've taken the day off to brew (boo-yeah!).

Brewing a New Belgium Snow Day clone (mini-mash).

Kids are at school, wife is at work, blues are on the stereo, wort is at a boil and life is grand.

Today is my birthday so I've taken the day off to brew (boo-yeah!).

Brewing a New Belgium Snow Day clone (mini-mash).

Kids are at school, wife is at work, blues are on the stereo, wort is at a boil and life is grand.

Sounds like the start of a great day. Have a great birthday! :fro:

Still fine tuning my 90 minute NAPA recipe....I think my palette is changing over the months and I find I'm never satisfied...tonight should be the final go...

1728 is bubbling away in its starter and I've got an Irish Draught extract kit from NB ready to go when I get home, and a case of Sam Adams Winter Mix to drink, along with a growler of Silver Creek Porter for brewing an Irish Red kit with my brother tomorrow. Time to start thinking about St. Patty's Day brews...

Starter going, will chill it down tonight for tomorrows brew. IIPA

IMG_0114.jpg

Told guy at lhbs that my women likes bluemoon, with his advice I will brewing a kolsh. Only kolsh ive tried is the sam adams version, and it was good.

HopHead209 said:
Told guy at lhbs that my women likes bluemoon, with his advice I will brewing a kolsh. Only kolsh ive tried is the sam adams version, and it was good.

Good choice. You could also do a blue moon clone, google Blue Balls Blue Moon clone.

Brewing my end of the world brew today. RIS base with cocoa nibs, Carob and chipotle powder. Shooting for an OG of 1.125! Made a gallon starter with wlp090 so hope that everything goes well. Wish me luck!

Did a Hells lager yesterday. Think of doing a Blue Moon clone today. Just go to figure out a good recipe there's so dam many on here.

Did a Hells lager yesterday. Think of doing a Blue Moon clone today. Just go to figure out a good recipe there's so dam many on here.

Go with the original:

Blue Moon Belgian White was first sold commercially as Belly Slide Belgian White at the SandLot Brewery at Coors Field during the 1995 opening season.

We did do a little fine tuning of the recipe, which was developed by Dr. Keith Villa of Coors R&D. Mostly to do with the ratio of Orange Peel to Corriander.

The amounts of grains we used are roughly:
50% 2 row pale malt. (The first couple of batches were made with Great Western)
40% white wheat malt
10% flaked oats.

Hallertauer Mittelfrueh hops were added for a 90 minute boil. Bittering should be around 17.5 IBU. Only one addition.

Blue Moon has always used pre-ground corriander and Valencia orange peel. Keith did not want the bitterness of Curacao oranges. He preferred the sweetness of the ground Valencia.

Try 1.25 tsp of ground corriander added to the kettle 10 minutes before the end of boil. This is for a 5-6 gallon batch.

Add 0.33tsp of ground Valencia orange peel 5 minutes before the end of boil.

The Chico strain would work well in this recipe. You want a neutral taste from the yeast. Keith has said that the flavors that should come through are the orange peel and corriander, not the yeast.

Be careful when lautering. I have made this recipe and some variations of it in three different pubs, with three different systems. I usually have trouble and end up sticking the mash. Run off very slowly.

Tomorrow I'm brewing my own imperial stout recipe and my own black ale. The imperial is a stab in the dark so let's see how it turns out.

Just assembled my new Blichmann burner and put a pot on to start my brew day. Today it is an English pale ale.

I could fling my old Bayou burner around like it was nothing but this thing is a tank. And boy does it heat up water. :)

Busy brew day here. Gonna do another Two Hearted clone, also gotta bottle my Hopslamish & rack my wheat beer.:mug:

Back