Stuck ferm?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkandrust

Reaction score
I have an IIPA that I brewed 15 days ago...OG was 1.085..Yeast was Wyeast 1099 with a starter...started ferm at 70 then mistakingly let temp drop to 59 for 2 days.....I warmed beer back up to 70 and gave her a swirl hoping to kick start yeast again...Gravity has been at 1.044 for 4 days now...I would assume a stuck ferm except for the fact that i'm still getting sporadic airlock activity.....about once every minute...Should I repitch a small starter or RDWHAHB?..

sounds like your yeast konked out on you. what was the recipe? how did you aerate?

yea it sounds like your pretty well stuck. keep swirling the yeast to get them off the bottom of the carboy. you may want to think about adding a little yeast nutrient to get them woken up. maybe warm things up a little. if that still doesn't help then try re-pitching the yeast.

Back