Looking for Table Beer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mresa641

Reaction score
I did a search in the recipe database for Belgian Table Beers and was able to find one by ryane. Does anyone else out there have any Belgian Table Beer recipes for AG or know where I can find them? I'm looking for both dark and light styles.

Thanks!

Mario

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/recipe-kits/all-grain-kits?bk_style=58
That's all the NB Belgian AG kits. They have a Patersbier, Leffe-clone and Table Saison, among others. If you view each kit, click on the "Additional Information" tab, then click the blue "Click Here!" and the recipe will pop up. You don't have to order from them to use the recipe, and of course you can modify all you want.

Here's my pale Belgian table recipe. The OG is around 1.050, but you could easily reduce the 2-row if you want a smaller beer.
9# 2-row
.33# 2-row toasted in oven (30 min at 400F)
Bitter to 20-25 IBUs
Ferment at 70-72 with WLP550/WY3522. There's other viable yeast options here, but (making room for personal preference), 550/3522 would be the best.
I like my Belgians mildly underpitched. If you have a reasonably fresh pack of yeast, I would just skip making a starter.

What is the final abv on your recipe? I have a friend that has a very low tolerance for alcohol and he cant take more than 1.5-2%. I havent quite gotten to the point of adjusting the grain bill to lower the OG. Im looking for the weak but flavorful table beer.

Didn't realize you wanted it that low ABV. There's a thread on here somewhere about sub 1.030 beers you might want to read.

Howzabout second runnings?

This is where I would start also. Make a good strength beer for yourself. After collecting your runnings for your big beer, sparge a couple more times and collect runnings for a table beer, boil down to desired gravity (e.g. 1.020-1.025).

Back