Co2 Powered Counter Pressure Filler and Capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funblock

Reaction score
I was always getting tired of holding my counter pressure filler in place and just having to stand there. So I built this filler stand. I also built the capper after bottling over 100 bottles one afternoon. By the end of that day my wrist hurt so bad. This almost makes bottling fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the process of making an improvment wtih a longer air cylinder. But it is a simple stand I made with some left over plastic. On this one there is a T section made that holds a 10" drawer slide. At the top is an air cylinder that is attached to the CPBF that I already had. I put a T on my outlet of Co2 and one line goes to the 2 way valve that raises and lowers the filler. My next plan is to figure out a way to use the back pressure from the valve to purge the next bottle. The capper just uses a 2" air cylinder.

Does the capper require bottles to all be the same height? Or does it have a pressure cut-off or other means of adapting?
Cool stuff!

Why am I reminded of Honey I shrunk the kids? I love both of these contraptions, but are these do-able for the regular DIYers? :)

I must admit that I am in the industrial woodworking business and have several CNC machines. So I just wrote the programs and ran the parts on my CNC machine. We did some jobs in plastic for a customer and had lots of left over plastic. Actually it is HDPE. Very tough stuff. Most of my bottles are 12 oz long neck and shorter fatter pony style. To use the shorter bottles I have machined a block that slides in. That was the easiest way to do this. For 22 oz bottles I will have to use my bench top capper.

Back