A moral problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
I just poured my first beer of the night. A few minutes later I noticed something floating in the glass of my Downtown Brown.

I plucked it out and discovered it was in fact a big hairy spider.

It was quite dead I am happy to say as I inspected his beer soaked body.

My question is, since I had yet to take a sip out of the glass....

Should I first squeeze out the few drops clinging to his body first?

Cheers,

knewshound

Downtown Brown isn't a Scottish Ale, so squeezing is optional. I'd just stick it in the gerbil cage.

Knewshound, everyone knows that you only squeeze after sparging with spiders, not dry-hopping with them.

So is this going to be re-named your Downtown Brown Spider-brau?

knewshound said:
I just poured my first beer of the night. A few minutes later I noticed something floating in the glass of my Downtown Brown.

Cheers,

knewshound

The Reinheitsgebot police will be showing up soon to issue you a citation.

knewshound said:

Cheers,

knewshound

You think that's bad? Just be glad you weren't these guys!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060504...oCnmc6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

knewshound said:

Cheers,

knewshound

Did you check to make sure all appendages were present? I could get over finding a whole spider in one beer, but wondering if that missing leg was in the next bottle would drive me nuts.

AHU

Pilsner Pete said:
If you develop any special Spidey powers, let us know...

Other than commuting in a new way, I feel fine.

spiderman-2-15.jpg

Cheers,

knewshound

Back