incomplete draining from keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwaterbrewer

Reaction score
i put my ball valve as far down toward the bottom tof the keg as i could, which ended up being about 2-3 inches from the actual bottom. how can i get it to drain all the way without using the siphon or pickin git up and dumping it?

You will need to use a dip tube of some sort and attach some tubing to the ball valve to extend the outflow below the keggle. This way the liquid will be siphoned out of your keggle as low as your dip tube allows.

I agree with cellar door, you need to add dip tube. I added dip tube of copper tubing and bazooka screen. Mine leaves about 1 quart left in the bottom. I didn't solder the copper tubing together on mine they just slip together.

image003.jpg

alright. i have a copper 90 degree elbow on the ball vavle now. so, the lower this tube goes, it will siphon out from that level? sounds good. that is much easier of a solution than i thought it would be. thank you.

right now, it just turns straight down toward the bottam of the keg, about 3 inches from the side of the pot. will it still work if i go straight down from here or do i need to extend the tube out toward the middle and then turn down?

right now, it just turns straight down toward the bottam of the keg, about 3 inches from the side of the pot. will it still work if i go straight down from here or do i need to extend the tube out toward the middle and then turn down?

You can go straight down if you wish. The laws of physics don't stop because your dip tube is not bent at a 90* angle.;) I use a short length of Silicone tube as the diptube in my HLT:D

Back