What is one band/song you would kill to see live

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primus. Or any sort of Les Claypool driven project.
That is my one dream in life - to one day meet the legend. I came VERY close once, and saw my marriage flashing before my eyes. Good thing Im still married eh?
-Me

Most, if not all, bands sound like **** live. Though I'd be impressed to see Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart conducting/directing The Magic Flute with the original cast & orchestra... Don't think I'd kill for it though; well if it was Osama, then sure, I'd kill for it... Oh hell, I'd kill Osama for free! :ban:

EDIT: But I'd still claim the $25 million bounty. :rockin:

One of the best shows I have ever seen was Primus at the Berkley Greek Theatre, small venues rock!

I wish I could go to a Sublime concert.

I wish I could turn back the hands of time and save Layne Staley. I would listen to anything he would be feeling at the time!:rockin:

Maybe Led Zeppelin................ in their prime/original format

Have seen Metallica plenty though
NOBODY compares live
NOBODY

I wish I could turn back the hands of time and save Layne Staley. I would listen to anything he would be feeling at the time!:rockin:

Alice in Chains and Nirvana both. If I could see either one with the original cast I would be ecstatic.

Maybe Led Zeppelin................ in their prime/original format

Have seen Metallica plenty though
NOBODY compares live
NOBODY

Led Zeppelin would be awesome!

My live music dreams:
Artist -- Song

Beatles -- Revolution
Beach Boys -- God Only Knows
Metallica w/ San Fran Symphony -- One
Simon and Garfunkel -- The Boxer/Bridge Over Troubled Water

can you imagine being the first crowd to hear Handel's Hallelujah Chorus? That would be sweet....

Oh, and Bon Scott singing Highway to Hell

Skynard again. I saw them at a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum back in 76 or 77. From what I do remember it was phenomenal to watch and yes hear Freebird. :fro:

can you imagine being the first crowd to hear Handel's Hallelujah Chorus? That would be sweet....
Obviously not the first, but I've seen Handel's Messiah done many times. Of course, the Hallelujah Chorus is the big part of that. You always hear it at Christmas, which irks me given it's in the Easter portion of Messiah.

My wife plays a kick-ass Messiah on the organ.:D

That said, I've been dying to see Van Morrison.

I wish I'd have been able to see The Clash live :( It seemed like there may have been a reunion soon before Joe Strummer died, I felt crushed afterward.

I AM going to see The Dropkick Murphys this month! I guess I'd ALMOST kill to see them.

Well, per already mentioned, I've seen:

Queen
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Beach Boys
and Rush.

I've also seen these bands in concert:

.38 Special
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alvin Lee (Ten Years After)
America
Bad Company
Black Sabbath
Blood Sweat and Tears
Blue Oyster Cult
(Richie) Blackmore
Bob Seger
Chicago
Damn Yankees
Deep Purple
Dokken
Doobie Brothers
Earl Scruggs Review
Electric Light Orchestra
Fancy
Foghat
Foreigner
Georgia Satellites
George Thorogood
Heart
Hooters
Ian Gillan Band
Jan and Dean
Joan Jett
Judas Priest
Kansas
Kathy Mattea
Kiss
Lee Greenwood
Little Feat
Loverboy
Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels
Molly Hatchet
Peter Frampton
Pink Floyd
Rare earth
Sammy Hagar
Scorpions
Sha Na Na
Steppenwolf
Steve Miller
Styx
Ted Nugent
Van Halen
White Snake
ZZ Top

...I may have missed a few...:rockin:

Alice in Chains and Nirvana both. If I could see either one with the original cast I would be ecstatic.
I saw Alice in Chains play just after Facelift came out, they were great!
Was a great line-up for that show. Alice in Chains, Slayer, Megadeath, and Anthrax.

Rush- YYZ, In my opinion Neal Peart is the best drummer around.

Rush=Best Band Ever!!
I've seen them twice now and they're fan-friggin'-tastic live.

I'd love to go back and see The Rat Pack at The Sands.

Well I'm not a geezer, so I haven't seen the shows you guys have...haha

I have seen

Yonder Mountain String band 13X
Trey Anastasio 9X
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe 3X
Robert Randolph and the Family Band 3X
String Cheese Incident 2x
Allman Brothers 4x
Derek Trucks Band 6X (including two new year eve shows)
Widespread Panic 3x
Trey Anastasio with Mike Gordon and Benevento/Russo Duo (GRAB) 2x
Page McConnell 2x
Jack Johnson
Allison Krauss
Benevento/Russo Duo
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Dave Matthews Band
Rolling Stones
Spyro Gyra
Victor Wooten
KC and the Sunshine Band
Tom Petty
Brad Paisley
Blue Plantation Group
Tony Rice

I'm no music afficionado and maybe it is all the economy and job loss news, but Robert Johnson would be awesome to see in some smoky, back alley, dive bar...with a good tap selection of course.

I'm no music afficionado and maybe it is all the economy and job loss news, but Robert Johnson would be awesome to see in some smoky, back alley, dive bar...with a good tap selection of course.

hell yeah, the god father of modern, english rok and roll. Led Zeppelin (my fav. band) would not exist without him.
The box set released in the mid ninetys is awesome....

Robert Plant himself described one of the best songs on Physical Graffiti, "Trampled Underfoot" as "Robert Johnson's Terrapin Blues revamped"

I'm an old-fart-baby-boomer now. Happy hour is three beers and a nap.

Concert list:

Dave Clark Five
Elton John
Eric Clapton
The Beach Boys
Jefferson Airplane (PU live)
Steppenwolf
Eric Burdon
Buffalo Springfield
Strawberry Alarm Clock
Harry Chapin
The Who

I passed up a chance to see Jimi Hendrix live in the early 70's. I have regretted it ever since.

I can't think of a single person I know that I wouldn't be willing to kill if I could see the following concert:

Led Zeppelin (either Sr. or Jr, I don't care, both are amazing drummers) opens. Primus follows. Rage Against the Machine comes out next, (Afterwords, Zac assassinates Chris Cornell) Then Sublime ends it out. After their set, I toke up with Bradley Nowell.

Oh man, the list would go on forever. I think SRV, Jeff Beck, Satriani, Zappa, and The Dead would top out my wish list.

rick, i dont think you'll have to kill to see black label. they are around pretty often in small venues for a very reasonable price.

Latest posts

Back