Seething brains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick1903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's what the primary bucket looked like anyway. That's after two and a half weeks in primary. I racked to secondary, but wondering if it was too soon? A Belgian trippel, high octane version.

To soon. Of course you provided no pertinent information.

_

Ha. Yeah, in general 2.5 weeks is too soon, but without the right info (or in this case, any info besides a colorful description), it's tough to tell. "Pertinent Info" would be things like grain bill, mash sched, yeast strain, ferm temps, pitching rate, etc etc etc. Then you could really get a better picture of what you're looking at. Best practices, leave high OG beers in primary for a month. Those "brains" on the top were likely krausen, if that hasn't fallen, it's definitely not done.

Damn, well I kind of figured. I should have put the lid back on and moved on, but I didn't. Any way to back track? Can I re pitch?

RE: Info. this is of course the last batch brewed before I got serious about keeping track and using some brewing software. I'm using BrewSmith now.

I dont happen to have the OG (thought I took it down on my phone, but cannot find.) The grav reading at racking was 1.028 (7.2 Brix) I know without the OG reading, it's next to useless though.

So, repitch? or let it ride?

Est OG was 1.08-1.09

Latest posts

Back