I got cascades and 1098

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have like 10 ounces of cascades and (3) vials of 1098 around. I'm trying to plow through my ingredients and wrap up the brew season without spending too much.

Does anyone have any good recipes (extract, partial, or all grain) which features wyeast 1098 and cascades? If you don't have anything good, I'll just do the SNPA clone I guess.

WY1098 British Ale would make for interesting bitters and IPA, especially with the Cascades.

Take an APA or IPA you like and swap British Pale for the US Pale. Nice malty note to help balance that big C hop note and the 1098 will still be fairly clean but with some fruity notes. Sounds pretty tasty actually.

Could use my IPA as a base and swap out the hops appropriately.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/amarillo-morning-ipa-112687/

I believe there is no tried and true beer ingredients. Who knows, you could throw some stuff together and tell us about this new great beer you just invented! Make some educated guesses and see how it turns out.

Back