QD for temp probe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimsonwine

Reaction score
I am building my Brutus and I have a pair of temp controllers I bought on eBay. I want to lengthen the cable and I would like to install panel mounted connectors.

I am not too familiar with these type of temp probes....other than I know the Sensor type is NTC (10K/3435)...

I assume the cable length/wire size does not matter? It would be nice to attach them via a panel mounted connector...which type would like good and work nicely? I attached a picture of my stand...

Thanks....

stand7-M.jpg

Thanks...

So those temp probes will work for a "love" style controller?

as for the burners...yes...I just have them mounted high to finish out the build...they will be adjusted for proper height for brewing....

What I was wondering is, is there a proper height? do you want the flames just tickling the pot or in the flame color change? Is there a measurement I dont know

The probes/sensors in the photos are thermistors for use with a BCS 460. Because our stands are often custom, we don't have one particular type/brand we use other than to say we go with Derrin's products (BrewersHardware.com) due to his superior quality of product.

The probes/sensors in the photos are thermistors for use with a BCS 460. Because our stands are often custom, we don't have one particular type/brand we use other than to say we go with Derrin's products (BrewersHardware.com) due to his superior quality of product.

So when you get these from brewershardware the probes dont come with the sensor already installed correct? Its just an empty tube? right? If so do you know if the inside diameter of the probe will accept a sensor that is 5.2 millimeters in diameter?

Latest posts

Back