Topping up bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyral210

Reaction score
I have just racked my wine and was wondering if I should just leave them as they are, or top them up with water + concentrate made to the same gravity as my original must.

See photo:
4132250848_1610bab37d.jpg

I added about 1/3 of a bottle of Riesling to my apple. It looked just about like yours does before that. As a bonus, I got to drink the Riesling!

or top them up with water + concentrate made to the same gravity as my original must.

I guess we really didn't answer your entire question. I wouldn't add more concentrate at this point. Your primary fermentation is already finished and by adding more concentrate you'll likely restart an active aggressive primary fermentation any you'll be back at step one. When I make wine I always make more than what my secondaries will hold so I can make sure they're topped off when I rack.

Ok, thanks. I will decant the unfull one to a growler, and put the remainder into topping up the 'full' one.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back