A friendly note to horrible parkers...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova5

Reaction score
Biz card size would be perfect.

parkcard.png

I would sooo love to put one of those on the windshields of those a$$hats that think that their car is so awesome that they must take up 4 parking spaces so they don't get any door dings

My first job out of grad school, the company had a serious shortage of parking spaces and there was a number of a towing company you could call if someone was taking up more than one space or was blocking a fire lane. Since all the spaces were numbered and there was a phone at each entrance (pre-cell), we did so. Great way to start your morning, watching some dork's 'Vet get towed.

I was forced to park kinda close to the line one time in GA, due to the car next to me, I was still within the lines however. Some nice person left a note on my car cussing me out, and telling me to go back to Florida, really pissed me off, if I would have seen them I probably would have kicked thier ass. Rude ass people.

I was forced to park kinda close to the line one time in GA, due to the car next to me, I was still within the lines however. Some nice person left a note on my car cussing me out, and telling me to go back to Florida, really pissed me off, if I would have seen them I probably would have kicked thier ass. Rude ass people.

That has happened to me on more than one occasion. You are forced to park in a stupid way, then while you are away from the car everyone else buggars off and leaves you looking like a right tosser!:mad:

Unless i actually SEE someone parking stupid I give them the benefit of the doubt. Even if they are driving a Hummer.

Unless i actually SEE someone parking stupid I give them the benefit of the doubt. Even if they are driving a Hummer.

Generally, yeah--- that's where I'd be too. However sometimes it is way too obvious-- like the Subaru in the pic. he wasn't forced to park that way--- he decided to park that way.

I'd be more inclined to be irritated by the asshats that wander around a parking lot and then end up blcoking traffic while they are waiting for a 'good' parking space to open up. When I am evil overlord of the universe, those jackassess will be required to walk everywhere from that day forward (and will be forbidden to work from/at home or have things delivered).

Figure this thread is kinda the right place to ask for advice on how to deal with a serial asshat parker.

Almost every day I ride my motorcycle to school. We have better parking than car drivers but parking spaces are still at a premium. The motorcycle parking spots are roughly 2 full size (car) parking spaces in which the bikes can park as they see fit. There are no painted lines indicating where to park within the motorcycle parking spots.

Scooter riders aside most of us understand that space is limited and make an attempt to park in such a way that we're lined up with the painted lines. If we're parked on the outside we park as close to the outside as possible without creating a pain for an adjoining car driver. Parked tight we can fit 6 - 7 bikes - probably more if everyone parked "perfectly"

Then there's this asshat. Guy parks with his bike angled OPPOSITE the way the parking lines are painted. He generally parks on the outer edge of the parking spot about 3/4 of a bike width away from the edge. There have been multiple times where because of this asshats parking job we've only been able to fit 3-4 bikes in the same spot that should fit 6-7.

I've left a note. I've talked to the ****** in person. His attitude is that this "keeps his bike from getting knocked over" I've asked him to respect the other bikers and the limited parking spot we have - he's ignored my request.

I've considered moving his bike to where it's parked normal - but that's a good way to come to blows. The 10 year old in me wants to knock his bike down but that'd solve nothing.

Maybe I'll start parking next to him in such a way that he has a hard time getting his bike out...

Figure this thread is kinda the right place to ask for advice on how to deal with a serial asshat parker.

Let the air out of his tires.
Bumper stickers all over his bike.
Pepper spray the SOB
Tase him.

All bad options, don't do any of them.

I'd find out where he parks his bike at his place and chain and padlock the sucker up so he can't ride it to school.

But that's just me, and it's been discussed that I'm a bit mean.

For a short time, we lived in an apartment complex with limited, but NOT assigned parking. People got very territorial. SWMBO took a good spot, not realizing that a rather unfriendly gal usually parked in that spot. Unfriendly gal parked in the very next spot, so close to SWMBO's driver's side door that it was impossible to open. We figured that it was just a case of inept parking...until it happened again...and again. Unfriendly gal was rarely outside and didn't talk to anyone, so (short of a written note), she was rather hard to confront. Well, unfriendly gal drove a brand new Mustang GT that she clearly prized. I began seeking that stupid silver car out wherever I could find it and parking my beater truck within inches (even fractions of an inch) of HER door. Immature? Yes. But, she got the message and began parking in a bit more acceptable manner.

When I went back to school, september at the college meant there were parking spaces for about 85% of the students who drive there in the morning. by the end of October there's enough washouts that there's enough parking, but that first month sucks.

One morning I got there late and had to park a few blocks away. As I was walking in through the parking lot I find someone's car that they thought was cool enough to need two parking spaces even though space was so limited. Seriously pissed me off.

So, on my way to class, I stopped and bought a couple packs of gum. Sitting in class, I started chewing the gum, a piece at a time until I had both packs in my mouth. On my way to my car, I stopped and slapped the giagantic wad of gum on the back of his driver's side door handle.

I just wish I'd had time time wait around to see the look on his face when he went to open the door and his fingers squished into that big wad of goo.

Hope he got out of class soon after me. So it was still warm and moist. :D

I've been seriously thinking about putting a U-lock on his tire. Then he can knock it over himself if he doesn't notice.

For the meantime I think I'll see if I can squeeze into the 3/4 spot he leaves to the left of him when he parks. At the least it'll be an annoyance.

If I could get a few other bikers onboard we could block the SOB in...

Start knocking his bike over when he parks like that.

you probably shouldn't vandalize his bike. if you put a padlock on it and he doesn't notice and tears his **** up, or gets hurt you're fooked, probably fired if it's at work, and legally responsible.

If there's birds around, just sprinkle his bike with bread crumbs. When he gets back the crumbs will be gone but the birds will leave gifts all over his bike.

For the bike problem

- You need a squirt gun or spray bottle filled with diluted naval jelly. Spray the tank, chrome or any coated surface. Battery acid might do the trick too. It will peel paint or strip chrome off.

- Use a can of "Great Stuff" and fill his exhaust full of that hardened foam. That will mess up his bike with him wondering WTF is wrong with my bike.

- Toothpicks or super glue in the ignition key slot.
That comes from my devious past.

I once lived in an apartment with assigned parking. Some a$$hole parked in my space. SWMBO and I had adjacent spaces. I decided to double park behind the SWMBO's & a$$holes for the entire weekend. Think of a "T"

I moved my car just so SWMBO and I could pull out, and then moved it back thus leaving a$$hole stuck. I could have moved into SWMBOs empty space. Decided not to, A$$hole needed to be taught a lesson :D

We both had piece-O-$hit cars so if they keyed us we wouldn't even notice. Not to mention I had the lic. plate number.

If there's birds around, just sprinkle his bike with bread crumbs. When he gets back the crumbs will be gone but the birds will leave gifts all over his bike.

Excellent!

I think we have a winner.

Just to be clear: Any mention of actual vandalism of the bike is in jest. If I wanted to do that I'd just knock the thing down. Even though the guy's a peckerhead there's still a "brotherhood" thing because he rides a bike.

The bird idea, however, is perfect.

Muhahaha

The guy on the bike is the same kind of a$$hat that I mentioned earlier that will take up 4 spaces with his car to keep from getting door dings. That kind of **** drives me batty. I always want to key their car when I see that but my conscience always gets the better of me. Who the fcku do those people think they are, anyway?

I say you get some really big dudes to move the bike to the other end of the lot. Or better yet, a different lot. Then watch him panic when he thinks it got ripped off. The bike won't be damaged, just moved.

I'm a big dude. Bigger than him.

Problem is - touch another guys bike and it's likely to come to blows if it's unwanted or misunderstood. I'm not sure if he locks the forks or not (so the bike can't be rolled straight) but most bikes can pretty simply be rolled straight by one person with no key.

But I don't want a fight and I don't want to pay for dropping a bike (crap happens).

The guy on the bike is the same kind of a$$hat that I mentioned earlier that will take up 4 spaces with his car to keep from getting door dings. That kind of **** drives me batty. I always want to key their car when I see that but my conscience always gets the better of me. Who the fcku do those people think they are, anyway?

I say you get some really big dudes to move the bike to the other end of the lot. Or better yet, a different lot. Then watch him panic when he thinks it got ripped off. The bike won't be damaged, just moved.

Since we're on the subject, what do you folks think about how I park my Torino? I do sometimes park it across several spots but I park it well away (1/2 lot or so back from the first filled spot) from the store/restaraunt.

my favorite, lol.

infract10.jpg

I use to drive a honda civic hybrid so I would park in compact spots all the time and it use to burn me up so much when a huge SUV would park next to me!

Back