Brown-Tipped Burrs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simps

Reaction score
I was outside caring for my rather successful first-year plants the other day and noticed some tips on the burrs were starting to turn brown.

I have a decent ammount of healthy cones, although not consistent in shape or size (I am guessing because they are first year) to work with but I am concerned that I am going to lose some developing ones.

Will they die off? Is this normal, and if not is there anything I can do to protect them? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure ...mine have been doing that but I don't see any negative effect. I don't know but I don't see anything wrong.

any negative affect........other than the hops turning brown?

My hops ARE NOT turning brown. He mentioned the tips of his burrs turning brown. I mentioned that I have that on some of my burrs with no negative effects. Meaning my cones are growing well ...nice and green even though the tips of my burrs turned brown.

..no negative effect that I can tell anyways.

My burrs turned brown too, and seemed that most of them are just dying away, not developing any cones. Want to cry with you man, and I don't see any pests on any of my two plants (both 4 year old bines) I had aphids early june, but sprayed them and they never came back...

Back