how much wine conditioner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slystarnes

Reaction score
Would you add to 3 gallons of cider? Do you do it right before bottling, or in a fermenter?

Are you talking about campden tablets/kmeta? If so you can add them at the beginning to kill the wild yeast and get a more predictable result, you can add them at the end to help stabalize them for long term storage if you want to age them. Some say there is a taste that it imparts and in the sticky at the top he experiments with adding differing amounts at different times.

If you are talking about sorbate (which I have never personally tried) you use this at the end to halt the fermentation.

Wine conditioner is a non-fermentable sweetener to help bring your cider off dry before bottling. Usually, you'll remove a sample from your finished cider and add till you get the taste you want. From there, multiply out the amount added to the sample to the rest of the batch.

Usually, you'll remove a sample from your finished cider and add till you get the taste you want. From there, multiply out the amount added to the sample to the rest of the batch.

Thanks. I will give that a shot. I was hoping there was some magic formula!

Latest posts

Back