Goodbye Michigan, hello Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
I grew up in Oregon and lived there most of my life. I've lived in Michgian for the past 4+ years.

I'll be moving back to Oregon in about a month.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the Michgan Mashers that kept me sane (Revvy, Yooper, etc)

I'm really going to miss Bastone and Dragonmead!

Welcome back to this side of the world.

Thanks. It'll be nice to be back. If we could just get rid of the damn rain Oregon would be paradise.

It'll be good to see the Ducks play again and I hear Eugene has a great new brewery (Ninkasi?)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if we can get a going away get together at the mead before you leave.

So whatcha gonna be doing?

Congrats, but I'm sad now.:(

Well, the good thing is you're leaving one great beer state and headed to another (so I hear, anyway...no personal experience with Oregon). You'll just have to get used to hills again. ;)

Good luck!

Well I still think I would love to end up there someday....Probably after my mom dies. Oregon and Washington are my two favorite states....I love both Portlan and Seattle....So it will be nice to have a friend out that way.

Where in Oregon are you moving to, and yes Ninkasi is a very good brewery and they will fill cornies for you.

Where in Oregon are you moving to, and yes Ninkasi is a very good brewery and they will fill cornies for you.

99% sure it's Portland but a lot of my friends live in Eugene. We'll see.

I lived in Eugene most of my life but have family in P-town.

Welcome back to the Pacific Northwest!

Thanks. It'll be nice to be back. If we could just get rid of the damn rain Oregon would be paradise.

Are you kidding? We still have that rain machine going to keep the Californians away. The taxpayers paid a lot for it, you know.

I love both Portlan and Seattle....So it will be nice to have a friend out that way.

And many enemies thanks to your shenanigans on the forums. :D

I'm so glad I got to meet you when I did, since it's doubtful I'll be visiting Oregon any time soon. You still have to be an honorary masher, though, ok?

Oh, well, you might be anxious to be gettin back to the Pac northwest, but that's because you lived in Royal Oak, not the real Michigan! I'd love to get out there and see what that part of the country is like, but I love North Michigan! The farther North, the better it gets! Anywhere away from the cities. anyway.

Are you kidding? We still have that rain machine going to keep the Californians away. The taxpayers paid a lot for it, you know.

Um, I don't think it's working. As a Californian I know hella people who have moved up to Portland, myself and SWMBO included.

Welcome back to the PNW Shonuff:ban:

I'm so glad I got to meet you when I did, since it's doubtful I'll be visiting Oregon any time soon. You still have to be an honorary masher, though, ok?

Once a masher, always a masher. Didn't we sign a contract or something?

Oh, well, you might be anxious to be gettin back to the Pac northwest, but that's because you lived in Royal Oak, not the real Michigan!

I take offense to that! haha. Royal Oak is the coolest little area I've ever lived in.

Um, I don't think it's working. As a Californian I know hella people who have moved up to Portland, myself and SWMBO included.

Welcome back to the PNW Shonuff:ban:

Don't you DARE tell the other Californians about our little sham, otherwise they'll ALL want to move up here!

Back