Anyone know if the regulator that comes with the KRS 2100 has a check valve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grv

Reaction score
Hi all

Just getting into kegging, and I am going to be getting my hands on a KRS 2100 to cool and dispense. I've read about a few mods related to getting the temp lower, installing the ball lock fittings, etc, but I have not seen this one detail - does the regulator that ships with this unit have a check valve on the CO2 outlet?

I guess the regulator that ships now is different from the one that used to come with it (dual gauge instead of just one), and I think I am getting the 2 gauge model.

The reason I ask is that, from what I read, the quickest way to force carbonate is to roll the keg on it's side with about 10# of gas applied, but that this is not something you'd want to do without the aforementioned check valve. If I am misunderstanding something about that, or there is a better way, I am all ears.

Learned a lot just lurking about here - thanks all!

Oops, never mind. Just saw the sticky on carbonation. Won't be rolling my kegs around unless in dire emergency!

Back