December 2013 New England Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyirishman34

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The order is CLOSED

This buy is open to everyone and the pickup location will be in Taunton, Ma about 10 minutes off Rt 495

See the signup sheet here Decmeber Group Buy Sheet

If you want to add something to the sheet you need to PM me your GMAIL address

1. Need 84 sacks to order. Additional pallets can be added if there is demand for them in increments of 42 Sacks.

2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received. This will most likely be a Saturday morning (10am-12pm) following arrival of shipment. Volunteers would be appreciated to help sort and split grain s about an hour prior to pickup depending on the size of the order. All orders will be sorted prior to any being released.

3. We are only going to order one type of Pale Malt and one Type of 2 Row malt. They will be CM-2ROW and CM-PALE. If you add any other type of Pale or 2 Row malt it will be changed to CM-PALE or CM-2ROW. For the folks that want organic I am going to add GW-O2RP. Also I would rather just have one MOPA ordered if you could only order TF-MOPA that would be great.

4.The pricing on the spreadsheet is an approximation but will be close to actual.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$5.50)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$5.50)

To see the catalog, go
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxSLQbVFAE0wOFVhRHdQejBQZ0U/edit?usp=sharing

Pricing (Use 4000#+ pricing)
Pricing on the spread sheet is an estimate. Plan for $7.50 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

The pricing on this sheet has carried over from the last group buy and some may not be accurate. It would also be helpful if someone would verify the price per Lb and sack weight is accurate. Please let me know about any corrections needed and I will take care of it.

Cleaning Chemicals carry an additional HAZMAT surcharge and this cost will be spread out over all the chemical purchases. The first order entered on the sheet will see this entire charge added but as more chemical purchases are added it will automatically be adjusted.

Thanks for setting this up.

Just added 5.5 bags to start things off right!

OK, once again I am interested in the buy. Anyone in Vermont or Northern NH in on this that would be interested in picking up my stuff and I could meet you?

Thanks for setting this up , I just sent you a PM , im looking to get 3 bags of Marris otter . I have a full size pickup and am willing to bring a few bags up to the Tewksbury area , im located about 2 miles from rte 3/ rte 495 .

I can offer to pick up bags for those in the Northern/Central CT area who are willing to meet in the Union, CT area.

Interested if I can connect with someone from say the Fitchburg area ... wld save me 2 hours of driving

Interested if I can connect with someone from say the Fitchburg area ... wld save me 2 hours of driving

My girlfriend lives in Princeton which is close to Fitchburg I believe. I would probably be able to meet you the following day with your sacks. If pickup is on a Saturday I could meet you on Sunday.

Going to pick up some ball lock kegs tomorrow morning $35 each anyone interested?

If anyone was planning on coming from southern NH or near there, I would pick up a bag or two. Id be happy to offer gas money rather than drive the 2hrs in my 8mpg truck!

Yes - this is definitely a do-able item for me ... wld be happy to cover your gas costs ... I cannot locate Princeton NH on the map .. I would only be ordering 3 sacks

KAZ4121 - This is doable for me, and wld be happy to cover your gas costs ..

Please put me down for 3 bags of 2 row

Yes - this is definitely a do-able item for me ... wld be happy to cover your gas costs ... I cannot locate Princeton NH on the map .. I would only be ordering 3 sacks

Sorry for being such a geographical idiot -- Princeton MA is not in NH !

Got the PM and responded.

He has a few other items as well. Tanks fitting etc, anything not gone by the 31st goes to the scrap yard.

KAZ4121 - This is doable for me, and wld be happy to cover your gas costs ..

Please put me down for 3 bags of 2 row

Princeton, MA not NH. My apologies. It's about 15 minutes from Fitchburg.

Don't worry about gas - if you have a couple of bottles of home-brew we can call it even. Or maybe some Heady? Love that beer.

Anyone from Maine in on this that I could team up with? I really hate paying $70/bag of grain, but I hate driving in/around Boston about as much.

The pick up isn't going to be for a month or so. It normally takes about 2 months for an order to close out. We can order the LME no problem just send me your GMAIL and I can add you to the sheet.

Seph,

There are plenty of folks who are from Northern New England that would most likely help you out. I know that some of the people are from NH if that helps. Check out the past posts to find them.

Is that $15 total for the entire chemical order? I plan to use it to clean and passivate all of my stainless. I just want one of the gallon jugs.

Anyone from Maine in on this that I could team up with? I really hate paying $70/bag of grain, but I hate driving in/around Boston about as much.

Seph,

I'm in Dover (NH Seacoast) and I'd be happy to get your items to the NH/Maine border or one of the southern Maine exits off 95.....Kittery/York/Wells.

Let me know....I would not hesitate to help a fellow homebrewer out.

Seph,

I'm in Dover (NH Seacoast) and I'd be happy to get your items to the NH/Maine border or one of the southern Maine exits off 95.....Kittery/York/Wells.

Let me know....I would not hesitate to help a fellow homebrewer out.

I'm right down the road in Lee. Would you have space for a couple of bags?

Thanks so much.

I'm in Cranston RI if anyone wants to carpool (I have a pickup truck) or if anyone really needs help with picking up an order. I'm picking up 2 bags myself.

Back